Joyance Partners is looking to hire a Venture Partner (VP) who currently resides in the Nordic region. This is a part-time role (10% of one’s time), for someone who has a full-time job in the world of venture (at a VC/Accelerator/Venture Builder/Startup) and that would like to spend 10% of their time with us. The Venture Partner would help with generating deal-flow, being brand Ambassador for Joyance in the region, and by providing their views on startups in their specific field of expertise. You can see some of our VPs at https://www.joyancepartners.com/team.
Joyance Partners is a US Venture Capital fund which launched in Europe in April 2019. We invest in deep-science startups in the health and happiness space, focusing on those delivering delightful moments to their users. We operate at pre-seed and seed stage (sometimes Series A). In the US we have an existing portfolio of 70+ companies spanning Genetics, Biotech, Neuroscience, Precision Health, AI/VR/AR in health, Next-Gen Food, Longevity, Femtech. We love deep-tech startups, with a strong technological or scientific differentiator. In Europe we invested in 8 startups over last 6 months, we are a team of four people, looking to grow.
- Title: Venture Partner
- Geographic area of focus: Nordic region, meaning Scandinavia + Baltics (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania).
- Employment in VC/Startups/Accelerators/Venture Builders.
- Has a life sciences or health-tech background
- Resident in the Nordics (Stockholm would be ideal)
- Deal-flow creation: identify, evaluate and recommend new companies as potential investments.
- Brand ambassador: introduce and represent the Joyance brand in the Nordics, Benelux and Baltics region and be the person of reference for these areas.
- Deal screening and selection: research and diligence companies under consideration for investment.
- Investment decision: participate in the investment process and in the weekly Investment Committee meetings.
- Portfolio support: participate in Joyance’s help of existing investments.
Background about Joyance:
Please reach out to me directly Neha Tanna, Principal at email@example.com or to Paolo Pio Managing Director Europe at firstname.lastname@example.org