The Managing Partner (m/f/x) is part of NLA’s management team, currently consisting of two Managing Partners.
The NLA’s Managing Partners are the directors of the management company, therefore being responsible for planning, raising & executing venture fund models, such as accelerators, hybrids (acceleration & early stage venture) and/or conventional early stage funds. They set the strategic direction of the management company and its funds and develop the corresponding investment theses. The Managing Partners orchestrate the different stakeholders, i.e. the internal team members, the investors, the startups, mentors, corporate partners and business advisors for the benefit of the company and its ecosystem.
The Managing Partners execute the fund strategy and therefore control and carry out the investment process as well as portfolio management. Within the acceleration model they have overall ownership of the program success and partner/sponsor management. One operationally focused Program Manager and one Associate support the Managing Partners.
The Managing Partner’s (m/f/x) main objective is creating, raising and managing NLA’s next fund. Moreover, the Managing Partner (m/f/x) is responsible for the portfolio management of all funds, and thus, ultimately responsible for turning the startups into great companies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Creating, raising and managing NLA’s 2nd fund.
- Management of NLA’s 1st fund
- Jointly creating and driving the deal flow and recruitment of new startups across the globe, and making the initial investments decisions in all startups selected.
- Portfolio management of all funds.
- Providing regularly bi-directional updates to the NLA’s investment portfolio.
- Engage with founders to ensure the NLA is delivering on the promise “Fast Tracking Your Logistics Startup”.
- Further development of and fostering a strong network of mentors, sponsors, investors and corporate partners for the NLA.
- Collaborate with NLAs team members to assure successful program executions.
- Share new best practices with the investors and corporate partners as you identify areas for innovation and improvement.
- Service the NLA’s network and ecosystem: mentor NLA’s startup teams, assist in the programs, work on strategic initiatives and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the overall network/ecosystem.
- Ideally a Master’s degree from an accredited college/university or a Bachelor’s degree plus industry experience.
- 7+ years of work experience in venture capital or corporate finance.
- Relevant work experience in fast-paced environments within technology/software, startups and entrepreneurial ecosystems. Ideally exposure to the field of logistics and mobility.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills combined with a quick grasp of complex issues.
- Experience in working closely with C-suite/VP-level management.
- High commitment and structured working as well as team and communication skills.
- Comfortable commanding a room; public speaking and community development is part of the job.
- Ability to travel 25% within German territory, as well as other meetings and events around the globe.
- Proficient German and English language skills.
What we offer you:
- Be part of a dynamic team and shape the future of the NLA, esp. with respect to the next fundraising.
- By joining the NLA benefit from the support of large corporates combined with the dynamic spirit of a startup.
- Deep dive into one of the biggest industries which is still at the beginning of the hype cycle and ripe for disruption
- Receive an attractive package that balances work and life in Hamburg, Germany.
If interested, please apply here.