byFounders is a “for founders by founders” early stage venture fund focused on the Nordics & Baltics backed by some of the region’s most accomplished founders investing in and supporting the next generation of globally ambitious founders.
We are looking to hire a Venture Lead to join our investment team at byFounders. This is an ideal position for someone with 3-5 years of relevant work experience. This position would ideally be based in Copenhagen, however it may be based anywhere in the Nordic or Baltic capitals. It will include frequent travel to wherever the most exciting startups are located, as well as attendance at events and more.
As member of the investment team, you’ll help byFounders invest in early stage startups that will become great technology companies. You will actively participate in all stages of the investment process: from identifying and evaluating investment opportunities to working side by side with our general partners and the entrepreneurs after we back a company. You’ll do deep due diligence on companies we are looking at, as well as spend time sourcing and advocating for companies you are personally excited about. In addition, you will have the chance to work with companies across our portfolio.
- Manage all stages from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities to assisting with due diligence, financial analysis, customer references, deal execution and closing.
- Writing investment recommendations for the partnership.
- Gathering and synthesizing data and analysis.
- Developing deep industry knowledge.
- Monitor and report on various metrics and identify areas within the fund on how we can improve.
- Sourcing deals and finding companies you are excited about through your research.
- Busy doing all these things without a formal training program and with limited supervision.
- Smart and Curious: With strong analytical skills, high energy level and a curious mindset.
- Hungry and Driven: You must be hungry and driven, but also personable and easy to work with.
- Master’s Degree from university, preferably with a technical degree.
- Some entrepreneurial experience is preferred, either founding or being a part of a startup technology company. Some coding experience and/or investment experience would be a plus.
- 2-3 years work experience from another VC, a top tier management consulting company or investment bank and have accomplished extraordinary things in your past jobs.
- Passionate, Humble, and Helpful: You must be passionate about startups to do this job authentically.
- If you are excited about this opportunity because you love working with entrepreneurs, and analyzing businesses, then let’s talk.
If interested, please apply here.