The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named “Germany’s Best Digital Lab 2018” (Capital) – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group. The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of travel tech, mobility and e-commerce for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
LIH leverages established, proven business models and companies with the assets of Lufthansa Group and develops its own, tailor-made solutions based on tangible customer pain points. Shaping the travel of tomorrow, the unit works closely with experts in the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven entrepreneurs from the startup ecosystem.
As an Intern Venture Capital (m/f), you will be assisting the investment and research team in the process of screening the global Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem for potential candidates for strategic investments or partnerships.
You will work in a fast-paced interdisciplinary team alongside experienced Venture Capital investors and conduct market and technology deep-dives. You will analyze potential investment cases, write investment proposals and create presentations for internal and external use.
- Degree in from a top-tier university in Finance, Business Administration or Engineering
- Ideally, you have firsthand professional experience of working in a (Corporate) Venture Capital fund or close to the CFO of a high- growth start-up, alternatively you worked in fast-paced environments within Private-Equity, investment banking, strategy- consulting or technology
- You have a deep understanding and passion for digital business models combined with the analytical skill-set for data-based evaluation
- You have advanced knowledge of Excel, VC deal-flow and portfolio management tools
- You are up to date with the latest tech trends and developments in the startup and the Venture Capital scene
- You can accurately manage large data sets
- You are communicative, energetic and an excellent team player with an ability to solve problems
- Fluency in English and German, spoken and written
- You are a travel enthusiast
- Availability from April 2019 for 3 months
What we offer:
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international startup ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as a supporter and challenger
- Multi-faceted corporate culture in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org