We are kicking off a search for an intern to join our office in Paris. Heartcore Capital is Europe’s Consumer-only VC firm. We invest in early-stage consumer-facing technology startups all across Europe. We were privileged to be early investors in European successes such as GetYourGuide, Boozt.com, Seriously, Lillydoo, Natural Cycles and many more. We are based in Copenhagen 🇩🇰, Berlin 🇩🇪 and Paris 🇫🇷. Our French investments include companies such as Taster or La Fourche.
🎉We are now looking to make our second hire in Paris and are offering a long-term internship, with a track to a full-time analyst position. We are looking for someone available to start in Q1 2020 (the earlier the better).
🔥We think that this is a rare and very exciting opportunity, and here’s why!
- 🎓You’ll learn a ton — you’ll work directly and very closely with our partner Yacine, and will learn the ins and out of venture capital.
- ❤️We’ll value you — in typical Scandinavian fashion, we are very proud to have a flat organizational culture. You’ll be an integral and valued part of our investment team (not a given in most VC firms).
- 💥You’ll have a real impact — as the second hire in our Paris office, this will be a very entrepreneurial role (again, rare as you enter the industry). On top of the usual sourcing activities, this role will have a particular focus on building our platform to service portfolio companies.
- Start date: Q1 2020 (the earlier the better)
- Duration: 6–9 months
- Internship type: “stage de fin d’étude” much preferred. “Stage de césure” a possibility too. Convention de stage required.
- Work place: Station F
- Remuneration: Competitive
Help further build our platform to service portfolio companies. Help us identify and invest in the next generation of French consumer-startups.
- You will help us rethink and improve our platform to service our community of founders
- You will identify French entrepreneurs we should get to know and new companies we should reach out to
- You will perform market research, competitor analysis, and due diligence on potential investments
- Strong written and oral communication skills in French & English — you’ll be mostly covering France, and we believe that speaking French is needed. At the same time, we are a highly international firm spread across 3 locations and speak English internally.
- Deep understanding and interest for the Consumer internet ecosystem — we expect personal familiarity with a wide range of services, products and consumer brands.
- A structured mind & strong analytical skills — we expect you to be able to switch effortlessly between analyzing granular data and juggling with abstract concepts.
- Determination, strong drive and the ability to self-direct — your work and time is inherently open-ended.
- Curiosity — you’ll be looking at companies looking to transform areas ranging from food to entertainment, having a curious mind is absolutely key.
- Flair & ingenuity — we are looking for a real “truffle hunter” 🐽💎 Great companies often come from unexpected sources. Surprise us!
We’re open to all types of educational backgrounds (engineering, business, finance, etc).
Our process has 4 stages.
- First, we’d like to review your CV. If you feel that some other links might help us to understand you better, you are welcome to add them. We’re asking you to fill out this private webform to submit your application.
- Second, we’ll do short phone interviews with selected candidates.
- Third, you’ll have to work on a case-study of our choice.
- Forth, we’ll invite a few applicants to spend time with us in our office at Station F.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Yacine, Yohan & the Heartcore team