While working as a Visiting Analyst – for example, during a gap year – you will combine your work in the areas of early and later stage investments and operative venture development with the tasks in a strategic investment holding. The Marketing and Classifieds division steers Axel Springer’s digital entities, which already today contribute more than 85 % to the corporate group’s EBITDA. Our 200 investments, more than half of which are abroad, belong to our fast-growing digital portfolio that comprises market leaders and highly profitable online companies like Stepstone, SeLoger, Idealo, Awin, eMarketer, Immowelt, Business Insider or finanzen.net. You will be assisting the holding’s team for three months and spending a further three months in an operative team at one of our corporate units. Here you can look forward to different strategic and operative challenges.
Challenges at the investment holding
- Cooperation in the digitization strategy of Axel Springer SE
- Preparation of strategic business development and M&A projects
- Support in unit management and carrying out market and competitor analyses
Challenges at the corporate unit
- Processing operative matters, for example, implementing a market entry/internationalization strategy or optimizing online marketing campaigns, or introducing new processes in the Finance/Operations division
- Study in Business Administration, Business Informatics, Business Engineering or Media Management
- Practical experience in the areas corporate/strategy consultancy, investment banking, media companies, start-ups or as as a company founder
- High analytical skills, a drive for numbers, a conceptual mindset and a fast intellectual grasp of matters
- A marked interest in digital media and digital business models/value chains
- You have a strong sense of responsibility, a flexible and committed work approach and are assertive
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office (particularly Excel and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in German and English, other language skills an advantage
- You are matriculated and would like to complete an internship as part of your study course
What we offer
- Cooperation as a full member of a highly professional team of experts with the freedom to develop yourself personally and professionally
- Insights into business development projects, M&A projects, and the chance to become familiar with various digital business models directly on site in our units dealing with operative issues
- Support in demanding and group-relevant projects that offer a steep learning curve
- Holistic professional and personal support incl. transparent feedback process
- Team culture in a spirit of partnership in a highly dynamic environment with regular team events
Time: 6 months
The internship will be compensated.
If interested, please apply here.