This is an entrepreneurial opportunity for you to set your footprint when defining and securing the overall strategy and direction of a 3-digit million Euro business unit, as well as integrating new technology ventures from M&A. With direct reporting line to the Head of the Electronic Controls & Services Business Unit (EC&S), you will also be part of the global Leadership team.
As world-leader in decentral energy management and energy efficient applications, Danfoss engineers the technologies that “enable the world of tomorrow to do more with less”. We are a privately held engineering company with a proud history of innovation dating back to 1933. After years of strong double-digit growth and multiple acquisitions, Danfoss has grown from a one-man business to having around 27,000 employees. Today, our products are sold in more than 100 countries around the world and we have 72 factories in 20 countries.
As Head of Venturing & Strategy you will be the strategic advisor to senior management and will drive the main strategic initiatives in the EC&S Business Unit. You will support the future positioning, derive new business models and oversee M&A activities along the entire life cycle from screening to integration and investment controlling post deal.
Can you picture yourself in this position contributing with passion, curiosity and professionalism? – Then please read on and apply!
You will be responsible for:
- Driving the global implementation of the strategic transformation program for the business unit, working across all functional areas.
- Defining and orchestrating technology venturing approach together with other EC&S parties (e.g. PM, Sales, Service) and further Danfoss stakeholders (e.g. Cooling Strategy, Group M&A, Innovation outposts like MIT, etc.).
- Managing M&A / partnership projects together with Cooling Strategy and Danfoss Group M&A.
- Setting up investment controlling and managing progress on strategic priorities and financial business cases of portfolio companies (existing and new) as main interface.
- Defining and orchestrating the positioning within relevant IoT / Service ecosystem (conferences / network events, research co-operations, publications, significant competitor / customer moves).
Your ideal background:
- Master or similar education complemented with relevant leadership education.
- Extensive work experience in top strategy consulting (Project Manager level) and VC/PE Investment management, with technology focus.
- Exposure in a global matrix organization, from where you have learned to navigate and communicate at all levels.
- Experience in creating and consulting to growth strategies and supporting venturing.
In this position it is your capabilities, personality and experiences which are the impact that will make the difference in connect strategy to real business results.
We can offer:
- Joining a world leader with truly global footprint, with a culture that favors flat hierarchies that give you a real impact as an employee.
- Business Unit of key strategic important to Danfoss in strong growth mode, incl. acquisitions / new partnerships.
- Pioneering Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) in our large installed customer base with retail-grade scale and speed.
- Scandinavian heritage, dynamic, international and diverse team.
Join us on our quest to “Engineer tomorrow and build a better future”.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted. The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Danfoss Cooling, company profile:
Danfoss Cooling is the leading supplier to the refrigeration and air-conditioning industries. We have a broad product technology portfolio (e.g. electronic controls for automation, smart sensors, world’s first magnetic bearing compressors, high-pressure pumps for reverse osmosis, heat recovery solutions, energy storage and grid applications, remote data monitoring services), serving customers along the cold chain within commercial refrigeration, air-conditioning and industrial refrigeration, as well as food retail.
If interested, please apply here.