A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 53,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of a venture fund at the forefront of science and technology? Are you a scientist or an entrepreneur and ever wonder how venture firms scout for new ideas, analyze companies, and support their portfolio companies? Then the M Ventures Fellowship might be right for you! Over the course of six months you will become engaged in the entire life cycle of companies that enter the pipeline of our fund. You will scout new ventures and perform analyses of innovation landscapes. In our deal flow meetings, you will discuss startups and help select those that make it into the deeper due diligence stage. During this process you will work closely with our associates and senior management. In addition, Fellows are encouraged to pursue and explore their own venture ideas and expand the expertise of our team. Previous Fellows have explored topics such as quantum computing, blockchain, and synthetic biology. While we count on you to enrich our team with your skills, the educational focus of our fellowship program is designed to help you enter the world of venture capital, either as a future entrepreneur or investor. This position can be located in Amsterdam, Netherlands or Darmstadt, Germany.
Who you are:
- You have a strong scientific or technical background (PhD or MSc candidates preferred)
- You gained early business experience and have an entrepreneurial spirit
- You have a high interest in sciences or engineering and business
- You are up to date with the latest tech news & trends
- You are genuinely curious and excited about novel technologies and their impact
- You possess an entrepreneurial drive to manage your own projects with clear outcomes
- You are a reliable team player who knows that having fun and staying professional are not mutually exclusive
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
If interested, please apply here.