Are you looking for a mission-driven investment role that aims to create a better world? If so, keep reading!
Ship2B Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on delivering profitability with impact. We are looking for an experienced investment professional to join the healthcare vertical and execute investments in startups looking to improve the quality of life for three vulnerable collectives: people with disabilities, people with chronic illnesses and the elderly. This is a critical role to achieve our goals: make money for our investors while positively impacting 250,000 individuals during the life of the fund.
Who we are
Ship2B Ventures is an impact venture capital firm focused on improving the quality of life of vulnerable collectives, tackling climate change, and providing quality education to reduce school failure. We have under management more than €53 million and we invest and support amazing entrepreneurs with projects that can yield outsized returns for our LPs, society and our planet.
Ship2B Ventures’ team has over eight years of experience investing in social and environmental impact startups through the Ship2B Foundation, which manages a portfolio of over twenty companies such as Qida, Psious, ADmit Therapeutics, Devicare and Cebiotex, across two investment vehicles sponsored by the European Investment Fund.
Ship2B Ventures has already secured funding and kicked-off its investment period to invest in purpose-driven companies raising their Seed and Series A rounds across Europe. The team is organized in two deal teams, one focused on healthcare technologies, specifically in medtech, digital health and assistive technologies, and the other focused on climate tech and education.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be a key member of the healthcare deal team in its mission to execute 2-3 investments on a yearly basis for the next four years. This includes:
- Proactively source new investment opportunities (medtech, digital health and assistive technologies)
- Actively participate in weekly dealflow meetings and take charge of healthcare pipeline
- Perform analytical market studies and company profiles
- Network with founders and other investors
- In-depth analysis of investment targets
Support pre-and post-deal closing process:
- Prepare investment proposal and presentations for Investment Committee
- Support senior team members in due diligence process and deal closing
Ongoing valuation of portfolio companies:
- Collaborate in generating regular monitoring reports
- Support partners in helping healthcare portfolio companies in their journeys
- Evaluate potential investment follow-ons and support exits
- Become a domain expert in healthcare investing
- Represent Ship2B Ventures in conferences, panels and other industry events
- Develop a network of like-minded stakeholders and investors in healthcare
- Generate relevant content on a regular basis to reflect Ship2B’s investment theses, decisions around invested companies and publish it in the best channels
What we expect from you
- 1-3 years of analyst/associate experience executing venture capital deals (experience in life sciences deals will be positively considered)
- Acquired a Bachelor or Master’s Degree in a relevant field (life sciences and/or engineering is desirable)
- Intellectually curious, analytical thinker and strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working autonomously
- A thoughtful, collaborative approach and style that works well in a small, entrepreneurial team
- Genuine interest in social impact
- Fluent in Spanish and English
What we offer
- A fun, fast paced, and purpose-driven environment
- A challenging, hands-on role that will have a real impact on people and planet
- Competitive compensation
- The opportunity to fast-track your investment career within Ship2B Ventures
Start Date & Location
This is a full-time role based in our headquarters in Barcelona
Candidates in other locations across Spain will be taken into consideration under a hybrid model.
Sounds like you?
If interested, please send your CV and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of September 2021. We are keen to close this position as soon as practicable.