Primeblock Capital is a European, open-ended crypto-fund approaching $100m+ under Management in 2019. The fund is managed by an FCA authorized, KPMG audited entity and is the professional continuation of the successful Maple Investment Club (2013-2018). The fund engages both in event driven trading as well as venture capital style investments.
We are able to provide portfolio companies with value from the Amatus Group e.g. ICO advisory, access to our top conferences and integration into our exchange.
We are looking for an Investment Associate to join our team. As we run one of the leanest venture teams around you will be key in driving our investment efforts. We expect you to be comfortable interfacing regularly with key stakeholders (internally and externally). You’ll be responsible for a wide range of activities, including: researching and forming investment theses, finding early stage investment opportunities, leading meetings, driving our internal investment process, supporting our existing portfolio companies, and representing the firm within the broad startup ecosystem.
Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for technology and investing, and is able to quickly form a strong, informed opinion on novel technologies or business models. You must feel comfortable performing conducting due diligence, sourcing investment opportunities, and have some fluency in legal agreements.
The Investment Associate will work directly with a Managing Partner.
- Deal sourcing and screening
- Deal support: analysis / quantitative / legal
- Portfolio company support & analysis
- Portfolio community building
- Industry research (articles, presentations)
- VC operations (keep CRM up to date etc.)
- Representing Primeblock at key events
- A first-class academic background, with a minimum 2:1 degree from a top-tier university
- 1+ years of experience in Venture Capital or Private Equity
- 1+ years of entrepreneurial or operational experience (combined experience of 3+ years)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with full proficiency in financial modelling
- Humble self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Decent understanding of the blockchain/crypto space
- Bonus: A strong existing network
What we offer
- Valuable knowledge about the growing crypto-space, right at the frontier of innovation
- Chance to grow with a new fund and benefit from working with the Managing Partners
- Highly dynamic, friendly environment that allows for independent work
- Open and transparent company culture, numerous perks and team events
- Position available from 15 September 2018 (flexible)
- Competitive remuneration depending on experience
- Office location in the heart of Berlin (Mitte), Germany
If interested, please apply here.