LeadX Capital Partners supports fast-growing, digitalization-focused products and solutions targeting the hospitality-, retail- and food-tech sectors. Over the last two years, LeadX has become one of the largest investors in these areas with a portfolio of over 50 investments. In addition to supporting entrepreneurs developing market leading companies thanks to a European team of professional investors with over 85 years investment experience, LeadX aims to generate value through lead generation partnerships as well as access to the METRO companies. LeadX has a stage-agnostic, flexible investment approach and typically invests €5-30m per company. LeadX Capital Partners is affiliated to Hospitality Digital. Learn more at http://www.leadxcapital.com.
Hospitality Digital was established in 2015 and actively contributes to the digitisation of the hospitality industry. An international team of experts implements a variety of digital solutions and innovations for hotels, restaurants, caterers and retail businesses. The company relies on its own-developed solutions, as well as solutions of start-ups sourced from the METRO Accelerator programs, and solutions of the other partners. These digital solutions reach small and medium-sized restaurants, hotel and catering businesses through Hospitality Digital sales channels, as well as the sales channels of the METRO/MAKRO countries. In addition, the company monitors the trends in the hospitality industry. Hospitality Digital is a company of METRO AG. More information is available at http://www.hd.digital.
Description of the Role:
Responsibilities of the candidate will include (but will not necessarily be limited to):
· Researching new investment themes and developing industry expertise;
· Identifying relevant segments and initiating contact with target companies;
· Assisting in due diligence and managing related service providers;
· Carrying out financial modelling relating to business and transactional matters;
· Preparing presentation materials related to current / new deals and portfolio reporting;
· Supporting in the legal negotiations of new or follow-ons investments;
· Working with portfolio companies on through various value creation activities.
This is an opportunity to gain experience in working with a leading firm at the vanguard of capital deployment within the digitalisation of the hospitality, retail and food sectors.
Key Competencies and Qualifications Include:
· First-class economics, management or science/engineering graduate;
· At least 2 years’ work experience in investment, consulting, banking or related activities;
· Financially numerate with excellent communications skills;
· Ready knowledge of Microsoft Office and financial modelling skills;
· Genuine and demonstrable experience and interest in focus sectors;
· Desire and interest to work with entrepreneurs and in venture and growth capital;
· Self-starter, prepared to work under own initiative;
· English and German language skills necessary; French skills a plus;
· Munich-based with some travel requirements
If interested, please apply here.