This is your opportunity to:
- Step into or transition within the amazing world of entrepreneurship and venture capital.
- Expand your relations to skilled founders and investors across Europe.
- Learn or further improve how you invest in, and scale, tech-driven companies.
Our €28m Fund I is almost fully invested and we close a €55-75m Fund II early 2022. Therefore, we expand our six-person investment team with a motivated and skilled Investment Associate who thrive in an entrepreneurial culture.
A bit about Dreamcraft Ventures:
We are a Copenhagen-based venture capital manager investing in early-stage, tech-driven startups, primarily at seed stage in the Nordics and Germany, where we have a solid brand and network.
Based on our own experiences, we believe companies reach their highest potential with diverse founding teams of high-quality dreamers and crafters as reflected in portfolio companies such as:
- Organic Basics, a sustainable-first essentials brand selling direct-to-consumer.
- Fuelsave, a German CleanTech company reducing emissions of the world’s largest combustion engines.
- Hiber, an open metaverse platform enabling anyone to create virtual worlds in apps and web browsers.
The founders of Dreamcraft are also the founders as well still the dreamer (CEO) and crafter (COO) of what is now a +1bn USD global and listed company. Inspired by their journey, mission and DNA, we are hands-on venture engineers supporting similar teams through engagements that go deeper than just advice, guided by our core values:
- Progressive e.g. in the way we build companies.
- Proper e.g. in the way we make investment decisions.
- Down to earth e.g. in the way we engage founders and others stakeholders.
This is our style. We like t-shirts, not suits. We value advice and know there are always ways to improve. That is how we work, who we are and what we value – being casual and approachable.
Main responsibilities of the role:
You will support case leads, an Investment Manager, with tasks related to the three phases of our investment process:
- Case sourcing – e.g. conducting research and analysis on trends, identifying quality case sources and cases within those trends, and creating marketing and PR content that attract those cases.
- Case investment – e.g. conducting pre-screening of inbound cases, preparing screening meetings with founders and validation meetings with experts, conducting market and financial analysis, preparing slides and investment memos for Investment Committee Meetings and conducting due diligence.
- Case value-add – e.g. preparing founder workshops, board meetings and reports to our investors.
You will soon become a case lead yourself, delegating some of above tasks to Investment Analysts, whom you then supervise and coach, while managing the investment process and the related stakeholders. You will also manage and support internal business development, fundraising and operational improvement projects.
We imagine that you:
- Are enthusiastic about tech, entrepreneurship, business and the Nordic or German startup ecosystem.
- Have a bachelor or master’s degree and 2-5 years of experience as founder, operator, consultant or investor.
- Will be offered 35.000-45.000 DKK in monthly salary and an attractive performance bonus program.
- Take pride in delivering high quality, meet deadlines and follow tasks through to completion.
- Are a curious fast-learner who works with a can-do attitude and require limited supervision.
- Are fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Can start no later than April 1, 2022.
If interested, please apply here.