We are offering a unique experience and career path in venture capital. You’ll be based in Vienna – the most livable city in the world – and should expect to travel across Europe and be exposed to a wide range of technology markets and startups. As we live a fully digital process, remote work is in our culture but we enjoy being close to the teams we partner with.
You will become an integral part of our investment team. Your primary role will be to find and evaluate startups for investment by 3VC as well as to structure investment processes and support portfolio companies. We interact with a large number of businesses, and it’s important to quickly and thoroughly prioritize, filter and assess. Outbound lead generation is key, as well thematic research and relationship building with the most ambitious founders across Europe – often and ideally before they start actively looking for funding.
You’ll be joining a distinguished and very entrepreneurial team around four partners with decades of experience as investors and founders in Europe, Israel and the Silicon Valley. We founded 3VC in 2017 to bring a Silicon Valley inspired venture capital approach to Europe and we do partner with some of the world’s best VCs like Sequoia, Draper Associates, Greylock, Index or Lightspeed, which offers founders a unique combination of local investors and world leading networks.
You can expect an open and straightforward culture. Our style is truly socratic, focused and collegiate, where being able to learn, challenge others and defend your opinions is essential. Everyone at 3VC looks out for each other, and we really love what we do.
Day-to-day activities as an investor at 3VC
- Source potential investment opportunities across Europe
- Build strong relationships with founders of high growth companies
- Research potential investments, which will likely require testing products and services
- Support due diligence through the investment process, including market assessment, reference calls, analysis of unit economics, financial planning and modeling, etc.
- Support portfolio companies as they grow their business. This could include analyzing competitors, market opportunities or attending board meetings.
There’s also an internal element
- Support to prepare materials for quarterly updates and annual meetings.
- Designing and executing projects such as thematic events to help 3VC and/or our portfolio companies.
- Build network and expertise in a sector and topic and support the interaction with the ecosystem
The Person we’re looking for
- Has a passion for the ecosystem of software and technology.
- We expect curiosity, someone who naturally spends their spare hours learning and looking at new and innovative stuff that can impact the way we live and work.
- You will be a driven self-starter. Your work and time are open-ended by nature, and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with modest management/direction.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of German and ideally in a third language, able to hold your own and represent 3VC.
- It’s important you work well in a team of equals.
- You have founded or taken a key role in a startup.
- You have gained experience or exposure to equity transactions as an investor or founder.
If interested, please apply here.