Starchain Capital, a two years’ fund based in Los Angeles and Paris is seeking a Venture Capital Analyst to work with and become part of our existing team. An ability to multi-task is a must. Venture capital or private equity experience is a big plus, but not required. The Analyst will report to the Firm’s Partners.
About Starchain Capital:
Starchain Capital is adding a summer intern to our extraordinary team involved in the crypto and blockchain space. We are a venture capital fund establish in Los Angeles and Paris working collaboratively to invest and grow startups that are focused on improving the crypto and blockchain ecosystem. (Coinbase, Numerai, Augur etc.)
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Review, evaluate and present information to Starchain Capital investment committee about incoming investment opportunities
- Curate the investment opportunity pipeline to assure that we stay in contact with those companies in which we are interested in investing and communicating our decision not to invest in others
- Work with the Starchain Capital to perform due diligence evaluations of potential portfolio companies
- Help identify and execute opportunities to propel key portfolio companies to greater success. Examples include helping with key hires, business development assistance, customer introductions, financial and fundraising planning and becoming highly respected, trusted confidant to our founders.
- Help our team identify and track prospective portfolio companies and industries in which we are interested, such as crypto and blockchain companies.
- Research trends and topics of interest to venture capital.
- Assist in financial and cap table modeling and ad hoc assignments related to financial operations, firm operations and financial reporting, as needed
- Deep interest in technology, crypto, blockchain, entrepreneurship and business.
- Self-motivated, creative and highly productive. We are looking for a person with a committed work ethic who is able to envision, prioritize and complete parallel projects without requiring hands-on guidance in a fast paced, fluid environment. Excellent multitasking skills and a willingness to own your projects.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a small, informal team.
- Strong due diligence skills. Ability to (i) quickly evaluate the key questions, risks or upside to an investment opportunity, and (ii) prioritize and execute due diligence to flesh out these issues
- Strong financial analysis skills. You will be able to dive quickly into a business plan or financial model, identify and judge key drivers or vulnerabilities.
- Digital product fluency. Able to quickly assess strengths and areas of improvement.
- Technical dexterity. Ability to product manage a website and/or identify and work with technical talent to build and handle internal tools if appropriate.
- Strong business and personal judgment.
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and discussion skills. Unafraid to advocate for and debate your opinion
- Desire and willingness to learn, give and take feedback and challenge conventional thinking.
- An ability to identify important tech trends and emerging businesses
- Exposure to venture capital or private equity investing is helpful. This experience can come through working at a venture-backed company or with a fund.
- Experience being a top 25% performer in a highly ambitious academic environment
- Experience in the crypto and blockchain space is highly recommended
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Accounting/Finance or Computer Science or Engineering
- Pre-MBA preferred
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must
- Ability to understanding and develop facility with legal documents
- Experience with start-ups a plus
Send your resume at email@example.com