Our startup investment and partnerships team enables Sky to build strategic relationships with the world’s most exciting venture capitalists and start-ups, drive innovation, unlock new revenue opportunities, and achieve cost-effectiveness.
For more than 6 years, Sky’s startup team has invested in over 25 startups and 3 specialized venture funds in the US, UK and Europe. We have entered into trade partnerships with most of our portfolio companies and have entered into independent startup business.
The following link gives a brief overview of our current investment portfolio (independent commercial transactions are not included): http://startups.sky.com/portfolio/current
At the earliest possible date, we are looking for a competent, motivated and sympathetic employee to expand our network and our business in Germany and in the Nordic countries. This role serves to further expand our trade relations with the US, UK, Europe and Israel.
- Establishment of a network of venture capital companies in Berlin and the Nordic countries
- Identify, evaluate and recommend relevant start-ups to the London-based team for commercial and investment purposes
- Developing market knowledge and making business recommendations for Sky based on interactions with the startup ecosystem
- High travel activity
- Business Development Experience with a solid background as well as 5-6 years experience in a media company, technology company or business consulting
- Strategic thinking and commercial skills in the media are beneficial
- Ideally, there is already a strong network of German and Nordic venture capital firms and startups
- Strong understanding of the media industry
- Powerful, self-motivated, collaborative and personable
- Strong understanding of key products and technologies in the industry and innovation trends
- Natural curiosity, structural analysis skills and problem-solving skills
- Fluent German and good English skills
If interested, please apply here.