Amsterdam-based SET Ventures is a leading investor in digital technology companies that address climate change through sustainable energy solutions. We invest in early stage businesses across Europe that shape the transition of the energy system through technology and business model innovation.
Since 2007, SET has been a forerunner in sustainable investing, advocating environmental impact and ESG next to financial objectives. You will work with the leading European venture team that backed transformative businesses such as Sonnen, Greenflux and General Fusion. We are a small and dynamic team where everyone contributes to the investment process from deal sourcing to portfolio management and knowledge building.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious, curious, self-motivated, and comfortable in a relatively unstructured work environment. You support the team with strong analytical, data gathering and execution skills. We expect you to rapidly extract insights from incomplete data and confidently interact with people at all levels of seniority. No prior work experience in venture capital is required, but you have actively cultivated your understanding of the start-up ecosystem.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Generate high quality deal flow by proactively identifying investment opportunities through focused research in emerging segments of our industry;
- Perform due diligence: gather market input from companies and experts, conduct reference calls, evaluate technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities;
- Evaluate, report on and push forward deal flow generated by the team;
- Monitor and improve portfolio company reporting;
- Support the team in deal flow generation and brand building activities, such as events, publications and other opportunities to share our insights related to the energy transition.
- Impressive academic record, ideally with an MBA or MSc in a relevant scientific field;
- 1-3 years work experience in a fast-paced, technology-oriented environment such as start-ups, consulting, energy industry or corporate finance;
- Ability to self-direct, analyse, evaluate and develop a perspective on companies and trends on the fly;
- Analytical mindset with outstanding communication skills;
- Keen to build strong relationships with people;
- Excellent English writing skills and great attention to detail;
- Excel skills with sound understanding of financial modeling and valuation concepts;
- Having explored the world, language skills and adding to the diversity of the SET team is desirable;
- Valid EU work permit and willingness to relocate to Amsterdam;
- Impact driven with a strong intrinsic motivation for sustainable change.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Become an integral part of the investment team, with colleagues who are world experts in this sector;
- Significant development, mentoring and personal growth opportunities;
- Connect with SET’s powerful network across the next generation of European entrepreneurs that tackle climate change;
- Startup company mentality and a flexible, supportive work environment;
- The role is designed as a two-year position to explore and jumpstart your career in venture capital;
- Competitive compensation.
Please send your CV and short explanation of your interest to work with us to email@example.com by September 20, 2021.