Project A is the operational VC that provides its ventures with capital, an extensive network and exclusive access to a wide range of operational expertise. The Berlin-based investor makes use of the €260m in assets under its management to back early-stage companies in the digital technology space. With its unique organizational structure featuring 100 operational experts, Project A offers its portfolio companies hands-on support in the areas of Software Engineering, Digital Marketing, Design, Communications, Business Intelligence, Sales and Recruiting. The portfolio includes companies such as Artisense, Catawiki, Horizn Studios, KRY, LIQID, Spryker, uberall and WorldRemit. You can find more information at www.project-a.com and on the blog insights.project-a.com.
We are looking for:
A new team member for our A-Team.
What will your job look like?
Data is trending upwards📈
With the rise of digital-first business models, deriving valuable insights from data is the key differentiator for today’s companies. The Project A Data team helps our ventures to gain access to these insights through impactful analyses, advanced tracking technologies and state-of-the-art data warehouses – often built based on our own data transformation framework called Mara.
Your role in our team will be to work closely with our portfolio of digital leaders and help them implement data-driven decision making in all aspects of their business.
You will be exposed to different business models, analytical problems and technology stacks all the while getting unique insights into our VC investment process – which ensures one of the steepest learning curves in Data that Germany has to offer.
Read for yourself, here.
What will keep you challenged?
- Support for our ventures to establish data-driven decision-making within their organization
- Pro-active identification of company and portfolio-wide improvement potentials and translation into innovative projects
- Hands-on data warehousing project management including a variety of contemporary technology stacks
- Development of and responsibility for reliable tracking and data acquisition with advanced tracking technologies
- Advanced statistical analysis in close collaboration with our Data Engineering/ Data Science team
- Deriving insights for key stakeholder teams such as marketing, sales, product management and customer support and enabling them to act upon those
- Support and training of the operational departments in interpreting data and using digital analytics tools as well as our data warehouses
Which traits contribute to your success?
- University degree and (more importantly) an affinity for numbers
- Relevant working experience in the fields of data and analytics in fast paced, high-performance environments
- Enjoy managing complex projects that keep business stakeholders up-to-date and create valuable outcomes for our ventures
- Besides being an expert in SQL, you might also know Python, R or another language for data analysis – additional experience in machine learning projects is a plus
- Familiarity with the data tool landscape to extract, transform, and visualize data (Google Analytics, Snowplow, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift, PostgreSQL, Mode, Tableau, Looker,… – you name it)
- Excellent analytical, and strong communication skills as well as a hands-on mentality
What to expect working with us:
- Zeitgeisty technology stacks and business models
- Becoming part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Having the unique opportunity to experience and to make an impact on recently founded companies
- Working independently, have all the freedom you need and are thus able to personally grow and develop yourself from an exponential learning curve on a constant basis
- Working at a modern and well-equipped office in the heart of Berlin
- Benefiting from a communicative, creative and stimulating environment while gaining insights into investments of the leading German operational VC
Do you want to be part of our success story?
We are looking forward to your online application.
If interested, please apply here.