Role and Responsibilities
– Sourcing startups
– Research and analyze market and industry trends to identify the best early stage companies and founding teams
– Identify and reach out to promising startups within the technology vertical and beyond
– Review, interview and evaluate startups from various sources
– Managing the accelerator deal flow process
– Coordinate the Plug and Play open-innovation-based deal flow and startup evaluation process together with our corporate partners
– Identify great startup offerings meeting corporate tech and business needs
– Manage accelerator initiatives and engagement with pitch events, deal flow sessions and meetups
– Growing our VC partnerships and mentor network
– Represent the firm at industry events
– Extend our VC and accelerator network for dealflow
– Deep understanding of digital business models and the startup ecosystem
– Graduated from a top tier university, preferably in business administration, finance, computer science or related fields. We also consider candidates with an excellent academic background in other fields.
– 1+ years of experience in venture capital, high-growth startups, or in other fast-paced environments such as investment banking, strategy-consulting, private-equity, or later stage tech.
– Outstanding academic record and strong analytical abilities
– Excellent command of English and at least basic command of German
– An outstanding ability to connect on a personal level and build professional relationships, leading to a strong network in the European or US startup ecosystem
– Confidence and poise in interactions with founders, and executives in the tech, VC and innovation ecosystem
– Strong drive and the ability to self-direct and organize – your work and time is open-ended by nature and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities in a flexible environment with great autonomy
If interested, please apply here.