European logistics companies turn over more than € 1,300 B a year, making logistics the fourth largest industry in Europe. Startups are only just beginning to scratch the surface of the transformation made possible by applying software to business problems. We are part of this change – and looking for you to join us.
Beam aims to become the world’s most successful logistics company builder. Behind Beam is the BEUMER Group, a family-owned German logistics company with an annual turnover of over € 1 B, a global presence, and access to hundreds of industrial customers.
We also rely on our excellent network of startup mentors, venture capitalists, and technical experts. At our headquarters in Berlin, we strive to be the most influential – yet humble – partner for entrepreneurs who want to build a next-generation logistics company with us.
We want you to inspire and challenge us with your independent research and analytical thinking. Your data and interview results will be instrumental in identifying great, non-obvious entrepreneurial opportunities. You will be integral in driving our startup building, growing Beam’s reach and respect in the logistics and startup community. Our startup founders and entrepreneurs in residence will seek your knowledge and advice.
Your fascination for developments in logistics and technology should accelerate each validation. You can leverage both your network and your quantitative skills to build the foundation for three successful startup launches per year. You are hungry to learn and always interested in reaching out to experts around you to gather opinions and unique perspectives – from the big picture, all the way down to the details of excellent execution.
- Work independently to support our validation teams and startups with your primary research from expert interviews and analysis. You can expect at least five validation teams, three startups, and many topics.
- Discover new (intra)logistics problems that join our long-list of entrepreneurial opportunities. They will subsequently be pitched to interested entrepreneurs and are the basis for our startup building.
- Regularly summarize your research in crisp and clear publications (like blog posts). Dispatch your findings in our newsletter every two to three weeks. So far, we have written about our findings and shared the most noteworthy articles we have come across.
What’s in it for you?
- Think and act long term: We are part of a family company. We can build something great over many years; We have the budget to constantly support your personal and professional development.
- Get exposure to the startup and logistics world. The results of your work will be highly visible. Should you want to move on, you will have tangible results and an extensive network to count on.
- Work with a diverse team of professionals that is aligned in mission, vision, and values.
- You can expect a competitive salary and meaningful employee benefits such as a company pension plan (Betriebliche Altersvorsorge), a flexible work setup, and an Urban Sports Club membership.
- You have gathered at least three years of professional experience working in technology, logistics, or startups.
- You have a proven track record in interviewing industry experts and are a passionate networker.
- You are comfortable with the methods of qualitative and quantitative research and have outstanding analytical skills.
- You are well-organized and can easily navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- You can speak both German and English fluently.
Here’s how to proceed:
- Apply with your CV or LinkedIn profile.
- Instead of a standard cover letter, please tell us about a time in your life when you went deep into a rabbit hole to find out more about an entrepreneurial opportunity, aka “the next big thing.” Share with us how you did it, what the outcome was, and what lessons you learned from it that could be relevant to your application at Beam. [300 words max., less is more]
- Get invited to the first call with our people operations manager.
We want to give you the chance to shine. You can expect two further assignments and a final on-site interview with the team when you advance in the application process.
If interested, please apply here.