As a investment specialist in the AXA Innovation Campus, you will be an integral part of the investment and strategic partnerships team. You will help to identify and win the best start ups (early and later stage) in the German ecosystem for AXA Germany and help us succeed in our global strategy.
In our mission “from Payer to Partner”, we will accelerate the transformation of AXA and its business model based on initiatives related to meeting rapidly evolving customer expectations and touch points in the digital world and adapting its workforce capabilities in order to succeed in this ambition. This particular value-add for our customers can be found across all industries, therefore we closely monitor trends in e.g., finance, mobility, home/living and health.
To achieve this goal, you will closely work with players from the start up and innovation world (e.g., our partnering VCs, ventures, corporates) as well as corporate development teams and experts of AXA.
You can expect to:
- Source potential investment and partnership opportunities in Germany
- Analyse and evaluate businesses by conducting due diligence and reference calls, researching industry sectors, interviewing the founding teams and checking financial models
- Attend industry events, meet entrepreneurs and build relationships with founders and investors
- Shape the overall (digital) strategy of AXA Germany and be an important part of the “from Payer to Partner” strategy execution
- Prepare decision-making documents and reports for the C-level management
- Be a driver of change and establish a culture of innovation within the corporate setting
- Network within the AXA universe and its’ global entities
You are the perfect fit, if:
- You have 2–4 years of experience in high performance environments and have ideally worked in the venture investment industry/were a founder before/worked in business development, and bring at least a Master’s degree
- You have relevant experience in structuring and orchestrating venture deals and have built up already your own strong and diverse network in the German start-up world
- You have strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, you are able to communicate key messages at board level and have a “roll-up-your-sleeves” and “get-stuff-done” personality
- You have a passion for and a great understanding of the start-up scene, as well as corporate needs, to achieve change through innovation
- You are a digital native, have an entrepreneurial mindset, are naturally curious and love to check out new and innovative products that can impact the way we live and work
- You are an independent thinker with excellent analytical skills who is always challenging the mainstream mindset
- You are a great team player who isn’t afraid to work independently when needed
- You’re fluent in both English and German
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.