KBC Securities (KBC group holding company and KBC Bank subsidiary) is looking for a Senior Investment Manager KBC Focus Fund to further develop this fund (of € 50 million) and to analyze, structure and follow up investment opportunities . Is your interest stimulated? Then the dynamic no-nonsense working environment of KBC Securities might be something for you!
As Part Of KBC Group In Belgium And Central Europe
KBC Securities Offers Its Customers Professional Services Within Different Domains KBC Securities offers its employees interesting professional challenges and prospects.
- Market room activities, with a focus on shares, equity derivatives and bonds;
- Investment Services;
- Debt & Equity Capital Markets Origination (Corporate Finance, Research, Debt Capital Markets, Syndication en Debt Placement);
- Specialised Finance;
- Family Capital Solutions.
As a senior investment manager for the KBC Focus Fund, you report directly to the Head of Investments Services and you focus on companies from the Fintech, Nanotechnology, Microelectronics, IoT, etc. Through equity participations, KBC takes over the KBC Focus Fund (= its own venture capital fund) an interest in the company to help it grow. KBC Securities acts as manager of the KBC Focus Fund.
You have an active interest in investment management for a Venture Capital Fund, start-ups and scale-ups and by extension you also have knowledge or experience in the field of ‘nanotechnology’, ‘micro-electronics’ and ‘internet of things’.
You Will Be Responsible For Other
- Searching for the most interesting target companies in a radius of 300 km around Belgium.
- Analyzing Business Plans (pitches, desktop research, expert calls, financial modeling).
- Use the internal and external competencies of experts to perform an assessment of the business, the team, the financials, the market, the customers, the product, IP, etc.
- In case of a positive assessment, you draw up an investment memorandum and present it to the team and the Investment Committee (IC) and the Board of Directors (RVB) of the fund.
- In the case of the green light of the IC and the RVB, you also coordinate a complete due diligence and draw up the investment documents, in collaboration with the legal department.
- Regular reporting of the deal flow and the portfolio to the RVB of the fund.
- Maintaining contacts with other Venture Capital Funds, investors, etc.
- The inclusion of a role as a director in the participations and from there to determine the strategy of the portfolio companies.
- Managing the participations and ensuring that all administration concerning the participation is in order (including reporting the status of the portfolio at the meetings of the IC / RVB):
- Preparing the valuations of the participations in the fund and the discussion thereof with the IC and the RVB.
- Being available for the annual revision.
In addition, you also regularly attend your own specialty.
- You are in possession of a Master degree in Engineering Science or an economic direction. Preferably you have an additional education (MBA, or other), or a specialization in the technical domain.
- You have at least 12 years of experience, with at least a few years experience in investment management for a venture capital provider.
- Experience with sitting on Boards is an asset.
- You are fascinated by the dynamic environment of the financial markets.
- You are at home in Investment Management for Venture Capital Fund, start-ups and scale-ups. Knowledge and experience in the field of ‘nanotechnology’, ‘micro-electronics’ and ‘internet of things’ is an asset.
- You can handle change well and be flexible.
- You are communicative, possess persuasiveness, you have a capacity for constructive consultation and you are able to articulate a complex matter in a clear way (both written and oral).
- You have a perfect knowledge of Dutch, French and English. German is a plus.
- In addition to organizational skills, very good analytical skills are indispensable. In addition, you are strongly commercial.
- Creativity, pragmatism, inquisitiveness, perseverance and being able to work independently are plus points. You are full of energy and know how to approach.
- You actively build your network within the ecosystem.
If interested, please apply here.