IrishAngels seeks a Senior Associate / Principal to join the organization. An investment track record at another venture fund, angel group, or individually as an angel investor is required. Previous entrepreneurial experience of some kind is also a requirement.
The ideal candidate is passionate about seed stage startups and is excited by the idea of being an integral part of the development and scale of a top-tier venture capital platform over the next five plus years. This position is based in Chicago, LA, San Francisco, New York, or Washington DC.
- Help manage and run daily operations of the IrishAngels network
- Manage members of the investment team including the intern program
- Identify and suggest improvements to the efficiency and processes of the firm (e.g., sourcing, diligence, data, etc.)
- Assist in leading webinars and in-person meetings on a quarterly basis
- Develop a unique investment thesis and execute against it
- Cultivate unique co-investor networks
- Source relevant startup opportunities
- Contribute to the due diligence process and investment memo creation
- Make connections and provide assistance to portfolio companies
- Manage frequent communication with entrepreneurs and investors
- Take Board seats at portfolio companies as required
- Contribute to our existing thought leadership strategy (i.e., video & written blogs)
- Serve as an ambassador for the firm at conferences, events, and with the press
- Previous startup investment experience with multiple completed transactions at a venture capital fund, angel group, or within a personal angel portfolio
- Relevant experience starting a business, non-profit, or other major project
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence, and strong intuition about people
- Self starter and comfort with executing when there is limited information and/or guidance available
- High risk tolerance
- Intellectually curious and a fast learner
- Effective networker and high comfort interacting with senior level executives on a regular basis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Truly passionate about early stage startups
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred but not required
This position includes a salary and health benefits as well as carry.
We aim to fill this position in September 2019.
IrishAngels is an angel investment network that invests in seed stage startups raising rounds of $1 to $3 million. IrishAngels has 230 investors and has invested in over 40 companies, deploying $30 million in capital since its inception in 2012.
If interested, please apply here.