Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
This role will contribute to the Strategic Ventures team through leading sourcing efforts, managing every aspect of due diligence process, assisting with structuring, negotiating and managing investment opportunities and coordinating all the activities internally with business units. Principal will be expected to demonstrate strong leadership and project management skills, critical thinking, communication and internal management skills while working with the senior management team in identifying and executing strategic transactions.
- Directs screening processes to vet deals through strategic, financial and investment value considerations and provide recommendations
- Manages all stages of the venture investment process and deal flow, including: identification, origination, valuation, due diligence, and investment recommendations including preparation of transaction documents and supporting materials
- Creates and manages comprehensive financial models for individual start-ups as well as venture capital portfolio as a whole
- Executes development of comprehensive Investment Memos and Presentations for the Investment Committee
- Monitors the development of networks within the VC community, accelerators, universities and research centers in North America and Europe
- Helps with marketing efforts designed to generate awareness and increase deal flow
- Facilitates efficient portfolio company / parent partner engagement by acting as a project manager during engagements and POCs
- Oversees on-going relationships with portfolio companies and provides access to the business with the goal of identifying synergies across the enterprise and enhancing strategic and financial benefits to Allstate
- Monitors portfolio post-closing including business and financial analysis and quarterly accounting reporting
- Possesses necessary skills required to sit on Boards as an Observer and provide direct assistance to Portfolio Companies
- Actively mentors and develops junior resources
- This job will have 1 to 2 direct reports
Education and Experience
- 10 or more years of related experience; preferred candidates will have experience in venture capital/private equity investing, investment banking, top tier management consulting or working for an accelerator or start-up in more senior capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; preferred candidates will have Master’s degree
- Familiarity with the start-up/VC environment
- Significant and proven experience in business and financial analytics supporting identification, analysis and closing of strategic transactions
- Technology and operational experience
- Meaningful, relevant industry expertise
- Demonstrable experience in performing qualitative and quantitative analysis in tight timeframes and simultaneously juggling multiple workstreams
- Team first attitude and a commitment to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be ethical and honest, possess high integrity and be trustworthy
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life – including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
If interested, please apply here.