2048 Ventures, a thesis driven, high conviction, pre-seed venture capital firm is looking to bring on board a Principal to lead investments in AI/ML, Deep Tech, Robotics, Manufacturing, Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Logistics and other technology verticals.
🔥 About you
We are looking for an exceptional, ambitious and accomplished individual who is a systems thinker, thesis driven, and invests thematically.
Here are our must-have’s:
- B.S., M.S, PhD. in Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Engineering or 5+ years background in Product Management.
- If no technical degree or product management background, a clear track record investing in technical companies.
- 2+ years of early-stage investing experience at an accelerator, pre-seed or seed VC in a Principal or an Associate role, or as an angel investor in technology companies.
- We will consider candidates with experience at the later stage, but strongly prefer early stage experience
- Ability to articulate a thesis and and to invest thematically
- Demonstrated ability to hustle to source deals and to build a network
Here are the attributes we are looking for:
- Deep passion for venture
- Curiosity and life long focus on learning
- Systems thinking
- Self-starter, can do, entrepreneurial attitude
- Exceptional work ethic
- Great business sense paired with great common sense
Here are our nice-to-have’s:
- Existing portfolio of investments with a clearly attributable track record.
- We already have team members in NYC, Boston or Toronto, and we would love to have an investor based in LA, Denver, Chicago, Austin, Atlanta, Seattle, or another tech center outside of the Bay Area.
🚀 About 2048 Ventures
We are a thesis driven, high conviction, pre-seed stage focused venture capital firm. We lead rounds in companies that are differentiated through technology and data. We invest primarily in APIs, data, infrastructure, platforms, marketplaces and vertical SaaS across verticals including bio, digital health, longevity, AI/ML, blockchain, security, fintech, logistics, femtech, and eldertech.
In January of 2022 we will start investing out of our $67M Fund II. We have an incredible group of LPs including founders and executives of iconic startups, family offices, and fund of funds.
We invest across North America, and are by design a distributed firm with investment professionals in NYC, Boston, Toronto and other places.
We believe in creativity, empowerment and fair and transparent compensation structure. In this role you will have the ability and responsibility to make investment decisions and lead deals. In addition to the salary, you will get carry, participate in profit sharing, and will make a capital commitment to the fund.
🖊️ How to Apply
If you know someone in common with Alex, Neha, Zann or Daniella please get an introduction. You should also feel free to reach out to Alex directly at email@example.com.
In either case, please include:
- Your resume in PDF format, Linkedin link, and Twitter handle (if you have one).
- A PDF with 3 relevant thesis / themes you are excited about and why.
- A 2 min video that describes why you want this job, an explanation why you are passionate about venture, why are you a systems thinker and you are specifically excited about 2048 Ventures and investing at the pre-seed stage.