SCOR, the 4th largest reinsurer in the world, provides insurance companies with a diversified and innovative range of solutions and services to control and manage risk. Using its experience and expertise, “ The Art & Science of Risk ”, SCOR provides cutting-edge financial solutions, analytics tools and services in all areas related to risk – in Life & Health insurance as well as in P&C insurance. Our specialist teams operate in over 120 countries, developing value added and innovative products and services and making long-term commitments to their clients, namely insurers and large corporations.
SCOR’s aim, as an independent global reinsurance company, is to develop its Life and P&C business lines, to provide its clients with a broad range of innovative reinsurance solutions and to pursue an underwriting policy founded on profitability, supported by effective risk management and a prudent investment policy, in order to offer its clients an optimum level of security, to create value for its shareholders, and to contribute to the welfare and resilience of Society by helping to protect insureds against the risks they face.
- Assist with start-up assessments and InsurTech trend research to support the team’s capabilities to identify opportunities for investment or partnership, as well as for internal knowledge sharing efforts. Typical start-up reviews will include assessments of market sizing, technology, revenue model, product/service, competitive positioning, etc.
- Help to prepare and attend meetings with early-stage companies and SCOR’s executives
- Assist the team in maintaining records of companies we have engaged with, including writing and distributing meeting summaries and recording information in our central database
- Build content to support internal and external Ventures team presentations
- Support other general inquiries or general operational requirements
Required Experience and Education
- Interest (but not necessarily experience) in insurance, corporate venturing, start-ups, and the interface between global companies and start-ups, with a strong desire to learn the business
- Proficiency and comfort with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to sort through large amounts of information, understand it, and identify that which is most relevant, then present it in a logical format.
- Ability to keep oneself organized and solve problems without being precisely told how
- People skills / ability to represent our team internally and with current and potential partners
- Undergraduate University student; preferably an incoming Senior (will also consider incoming Junior applications)
- Ability to commit the equivalent of one day a week through the academic year.
- Strong academic credentials and relevant coursework
If interested, please apply here.