The Venture Capital Fellow will assist Edward Elmhurst Health Venture Capital in identifying and evaluating potential investment and partnership opportunities in healthcare technology. Edward Elmhurst Health Venture Capital is a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of Edward-Elmhurst Health, which was created to encourage investment in innovative solutions to advance EEH’s vision of transforming healthcare while diversifying its revenue base. As a member of lean deal teams, the Venture Capital Fellow will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the investment process including evaluating, executing, closing, and monitoring investment opportunities. They will be involved in interaction with internal and external constituents including portfolio companies, partner investors, and the Edward Elmhurst Health Venture Capital Board (investment committee). This position reports to the Managing Director of Edward Elmhurst Health Venture Capital.
This is a part-time position working approximately 24 hours over a two week pay period.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Graduate level degree (e.g., MBA, MD, PhD) preferred
- 2+ years work experience in one or a combination of: venture capital, private equity, investment banking, or strategy consulting
- Familiarity with evaluating and executing transactions related to venture capital
- Passion for, knowledge of, and experience with healthcare preferred. Understanding of other sectors of the healthcare industry (technology (e.g., medical devices, biopharma) a plus
- Strong integrity, work ethic, and a team player
- Strong skills in financial modeling (e.g., analyze financial statements, create financial models, private capital valuation methodologies)
- Ability to work independently or in teams and thrive in a fast paced, loosely-structured, entrepreneurial environment
- Work Environment:
- The functional demands of the job are sedentary, requiring very light energy level.
If interested, please apply here.