World Business Chicago (WBC) is a public-private, non-profit partnership that drives inclusive economic growth and job creation, supports business, and promotes Chicago as a leading global city.
The Innovation & Venture (I&V) team leads WBC’s dedicated effort to drive growth and opportunity for Chicago’s tech economy through a portfolio of initiatives and programs governed by a council of technology leaders. With the mission to grow Chicago’s vibrant tech ecosystem, I&V’s strategic focus areas include capital, talent, industry, and community.
World Business Chicago is seeking a Venture Programs Associate to aid the Innovation & Venture (I&V) team in the management of current and future initiatives, including the Chicago Venture Summit, Startup Chicago, and Venture Engine programs. The Venture Program Associate for I&V will support the organization’s mission, vision, and values, reporting to the Venture Program Manager and receiving leadership, engagement, and direction from the EVP of Innovation & Venture, our Chair, and World Business Chicago leadership.
The Venture Programs Associate will work closely with the various organizations that currently exist in Chicago’s technology ecosystem and should be proactive in developing and implementing ideas to help make Chicago an even better city in which to build tech companies and help grow Chicago into a more inclusive innovation ecosystem.
The Venture Programs Associate should have familiarity with Chicago’s technology community. Additional experience working with startups or in community engagement is a plus. The Venture Programs Associate will have excellent organizational and communication skills, and an ability to thrive in complex environments and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget
- Successfully support, and in some cases manage, multiple relationships with various stakeholders in the Chicago innovation and technology ecosystem
- Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Support WBC leadership in reporting and communicating progress to various stakeholders
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to impeccably execute projects
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Awareness of and experience working within Chicago’s technology/innovation community.
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including WBC staff, board members, government stakeholders, and outside advisors.
- Ability to work effectively across a variety of skill areas, including project management, communications, content creation, event planning, and execution.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to delivering against deadlines; ability to handle high-priority and pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with executive-level leadership
- An entrepreneurial approach is a must, and experience working in a startup environment with evolving priorities and processes is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in project/program management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Financial budget and reporting experience.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is required by the first day of work unless there is an exemption due to medical or religious reasons
If interested, please apply here.