Tusk Philanthropies is a family charitable foundation focused on running coordinated campaigns across the country to combat food insecurity and increase voter turnout and participation in U.S. elections through mobile voting.
Tusk Philanthropies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We believe that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Role & Responsibilities.
We are looking for an Associate to join the Tusk Philanthropies team. Your core responsibility will be to work on campaign engagements and ensure everything that needs to get done is done. You should be comfortable working through ambiguity to serve and execute on our campaigns. You will support the work of our team by helping to draft communications, research legislation, and anything else required.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Researching issues and identifying stakeholders
- Reporting research and relevant information to the team and Manager
- Preparing preliminary drafts of campaigning materials, including proposals, pitches, and “decks,” with guidance from the Manager
- Providing support to MDs and Sr. Director of Communications regarding execution of campaigns, proposal presentations, and materials for grantees
- Managing aspects of the campaigns, including evaluating proposals and managing teams of lobbyists
- Developing preliminary media and marketing content for communication materials, including deck preparation, memorandums, advocacy and campaign materials
- Prioritizing record-keeping, including but not limited to lobbying tracking and campaign tracking
- Interfacing with Manager and team regarding execution of campaigns and projects
- Participating in Learning and Development trainings and meetings
- Attending and participating in mandatory trainings
This role requires full communication with all levels of management. This person will perform other responsibilities and duties as specified by the Manager. Additional responsibilities include and are not limited to tracking grantees and campaigns as per Tusk protocol.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must have proficient computer skills for word processing, presentations, and managing files
- Based in Chicago area (or willingness to relocate to Chicago)
- Experience with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) non-profit organizations
- Experience with evaluating proposals and working with grantees/grantors
- Some experience engaging with lobbyists and working knowledge of legislative process
- Competitive salary
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) with match
If interested, please apply here.