P33 is on a mission to drive inclusive, global tech leadership for Chicago. With an honest and realistic view of our city, P33 is fueled by a need to unlock the potential of the digital age to solve some of the toughest problems facing Chicago, such as equitable access to digital careers, talent retention, deep science commercialization and gaps in our growth stage startup ecosystem. P33 is co-chaired by Penny Pritzker, former Secretary of Commerce and Founder and Chairman of PSP Partners; Chris Gladwin, CEO and Co-founder of Ocient and Cleversafe; and Kelly Welsh, President of the Civic Committee of The Commercial Club of Chicago.
People, Purpose, Plans and Progress is the philosophy behind P33, with the vision that in 2033, a hundred years after the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair (A Century of Progress), our city is again a global technology leader. P33 is a collaboration among hundreds of Chicagoland leaders working together to turbocharge Chicago’s tech economy for all Chicagoans. P33 leverages Chicago’s strength – its diverse economy, strong system of universities and research centers, and growing start-up ecosystem – to catalyze Chicago’s tech economy into its next chapter.
About the Role
P33 is hiring Associates to support our work in a variety of areas. Associates are intended to participate in six-month rotations to support the needs of P33’s three core strategic planks: Talent, Founders, and Regional Priorities.
The Associate will work with P33’s senior leadership on a variety of topics related to strategy, operations, marketing, platform and product development, and industry clusters. The type of work could include working with:
- P33’s Strategy & Operations Team to manage executive-level stakeholders across the city, key corporate and philanthropic partnerships, and overall management of P33’s operating plan and to design, evolve, and coordinate P33’s strategy to transform Chicago into a tier one technology hub
- P33’s Marketing & Communications Team to amplify Chicago’s success stories, identify new opportunities for Chicago to drive technology leadership, and drive P33’s marketing products forward
- P33’s Talent team to drive Chicago’s talent pipeline of highly skilled citizens, with a focus on higher education, alternative pathways to tech careers, and attraction of high skilled tech workers to the region
- P33’s Founders Team to support the development and execution of our work to support founders of all backgrounds succeed in raising capital and scaling their businesses
P33 currently has a hybrid workplace culture. We are committed to working remotely on Monday and Fridays, with flexibility Tuesday through Thursday.
- Targeting 2+ years of experience in roles involving research, analysis, strategy and execution
- Passion for P33’s goals around inclusive economic growth for the Chicagoland region
- Preferred: working knowledge of the tech sector including talent, venture capital, startups, tech roles
- Combination of unstructured problem-solving, research, analysis, and the ability and inclination to provide recommendations based on ambiguous information
- Can take initiative and operate independently and collaborate as a member of a team
- Agility; comfort operating in a fast-paced environment amid ambiguity and change
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- P33 utilizes the Microsoft Office Suite. All applicants must have a strong proficiency in this software.
- Most competitive candidates will have at least a bachelor’s degree, and some an advanced degree, but we welcome candidates whose work and life experience position them for success in this role
Submit a Resume and Cover Letter with “P33 Associate 2022” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org