The Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Researches and analyzes fund investments and direct investments, market sectors and market trends for the Private Equity investment team and clients.
- Supports senior staff in identifying, analyzing, and monitoring alternative investments.
- Conducts deal analysis and due diligence and screens proposed deals based on established investment criteria.
- Leads and documents meetings with fund managers, entrepreneurs and key stakeholders.
- Assists in the selection, evaluation, and on-going monitoring of venture capital managers and direct investments.
- Operates under the direct supervision of Private Equity team senior staff to acquire and develop basic knowledge of the alternatives investment business and the investment decision-making process.
- Assists senior team members in assembling and reviewing data, conducting statistical analyses, and completing studies of industry groups.
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- Assists with preparing investment memos and support materials in a manner which requires a minimal amount of revision.
- Prepares research materials on individual companies, market sectors and market trends for the investment team, managers and clients.
- Compiles reports on investment trends, prospects and investment conclusions.
- Produces various investment lists, booklets, and fact sheets from an established database for partners.
- Represents 50 South Capital at industry events/conferences within the venture capital ecosystem.
The Successful Candidate Will Benefit From Having
- 1-2 years of experience including but not limited to investment banking, equity research, venture capital, private equity, consulting or business/corporate development.
- A college or university degree with a strong academic record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Functional/industry knowledge
- Analytical and problem solving skills
If interested, please apply here.