Jump Capital has an immediate opening for an Associate on our Investment Team.
The Associate is a key member of the Jump Capital team; they play a central role in evaluating new opportunities,
building investment theses and supporting portfolio companies. In this role, you will identify high-potential
companies based on thesis development (what we believe about a specific market) and network development (getting
referred to the best companies). You will also play a key role in the diligence and decision process, and work with our
portfolio companies to ensure the success of our investments.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying venture and growth capital investment opportunities
- Developing investment theses and meeting with subject matter experts
- Evaluating investment opportunities and conducting due diligence
- Executing new and follow-on financings, including deal structuring and financial modeling
- Working with Jump’s Operating Partners to advise and assist portfolio companies across a variety of
functions including finance, accounting, business development, talent, and corporate development
- Assisting with internal fund operations, financial planning, and analysis
- Engaging with the entrepreneurial community and representing Jump Capital
- Working closely with all members of the Jump Capital team
Ideal candidates will have a least 1-4 years of work experience, preferably in Strategy Consulting, Investment Banking,
Venture Capital or Private Equity. Individuals with experience in Product, Operations or other functions within a
high growth tech startup are also welcome. You must be a self-starter, have a strong analytic backbone, and be
comfortable working with minimal oversight. We are looking for candidates that are curious, eager to understand
how evolving industries create opportunity for new technology and to imagine the business models that will thrive in
those future markets.
Please note the location of the position is in Chicago.
Jump Capital is a thesis-led, sector-focused and operating centric venture capital firm, specializing in Series A/B and
growth stage investments. Jump invests in data-driven technology companies within the FinTech, B2B SaaS, IT
Infrastructure, and Media sectors. With offices in Chicago and New York, Jump provides advocacy and support
through a platform of institutional-level resources for entrepreneurs.
If interested, please apply here.