At HIMSS, we are a catalyst for change in the health and wellness ecosystem. As one of the largest and most experienced global healthcare associations, it is our responsibility to lead this revolution. Our mission is to reform health globally through information AND technology. Our staff, nearly 400 world-wide, are vital to achieving that mission. We are looking for team members who are curious to ask “What if…?” and have the tenacity to fight for the change we believe in. Join HIMSS to be part of the transformation of health and wellness.
Your Challenge: Healthbox is seeking a creative, passionate, and driven professional with a deep understanding of healthcare to join our Strategic Investing team. Healthbox is managing DaVita Ventures and is seeking a Pre-MBA Associate to support the investment efforts. The fund will primarily invest in early-stage healthcare IT/services and diagnostic companies.
The Things That You Will Tackle
- Help lead market research and sourcing efforts to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Network with peers at other venture capital firms and other industry partners
- Be a thought leader, maintaining up-to-date knowledge on industry and technology trends, as well as attending and speaking at events/conference
- Assist with due diligence efforts
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Conduct primary and secondary market research
- Perform financial and valuation analysis
- Draft internal investment memos
- Assist with portfolio company management
- Support fund Principals and Partners with the fulfillment of their responsibilities as board members or observers
- Assist with the execution of tasks, projects, and priorities supporting portfolio company success
- Collect and aggregate quarterly financial documents from portfolio companies for LP reporting purposes
- Assist with limited partner relationship management
- Network and immerse self with the fund’s strategic LP, as well as their related ecosystem
- Endeavor to build long-term relationships and understand strategic LP priorities
- Invest in the future of the firm and help to drive the continued improvement of systems, process and infrastructure as the firm grows
What You Will Need To Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years work experience, ideally with exposure to the healthcare industry – consulting or banking background strongly preferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills, including deep familiarity with financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Intellectual curiosity mindset and enthusiasm for the healthcare IT/services industry
- Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation skills)
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Capability and desire to build relationships and network within the healthcare industry
- Responds well to change and has a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Approaches work with an unparalleled level of personal ownership, responsibility, integrity, and ethics
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time required
- Authorization to work in the US; Healthbox will not sponsor visas
Why We Love HIMSS, And Why You Will, Too
- Our talent anywhere philosophy allows employees the flexibility to work virtually on an as-needed or permanent basis.
- Competitive, comprehensive healthcare coverage.
- Generous paid time off, including time off to volunteer!
- 401K with employer match and profit sharing.
- Be Well! Lifestyle reimbursement program.
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development programs.
If interested, please apply here.