The Associate will play a key role within Gray Capital, an investment fund with interests in real estate, private equity, and venture. You will report to the Managing Partner of Gray Capital and will be an integral part to the growth of the business with a path to growing responsibility. The Associate will evaluate new acquisition and strategic investment opportunities for their risks and possible returns, driven by detailed financial analysis.
In This Position, You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Work directly with the managing partner in vetting/tracking potential acquisition candidates and strategic investments candidates.
- Conduct industry, market and company-specific research.
- Perform financial analysis, valuation and financial modeling of companies and transactions.
- Build relationships and maintain contact with established and prospective clients and professional advisors.
- Research and write articles for publication in the company and industry journals.
- Research various business initiatives based on strategic business planning sessions and develop case studies/white papers for senior leadership review and consideration.
- Travel between the downtown office and the local Oakbrook office as well as regular short trips to our remote offices/projects across the country as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To Be Successful in this Position, You Will Need:
- An undergraduate degree with a high GPA from a selective four-year university with a transcript offering evidence of strong performance in both quantitative and verbal areas of study. MBA preferred.
- Three to six years of post-undergraduate work experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, or corporate development.
- Strong skills in writing reports, proposals, and white papers demonstrated ability to write precisely, effectively, and persuasively. Ability to speak and write clearly.
- To be poised, pleasant, polished, and professional, and unintimidated if asked to reach out for a meeting with a senior level / C-Suite executive.
- A can do/proactive attitude.
- Ability to travel as needed and able to work between downtown and Oakbrook offices and potentially other offices/projects across the country.
- Maturity and integrity – this person will see and hear many things that are confidential. Must be mature enough to be trusted with that information.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, CRM Software, etc.)
- A strong sense of urgency and a positive, proactive desire to support a broad range of initiatives and tasks.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills with an analytical, metrics-driven approach to solutions.
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with managers, clients, and executives.
If interested, please apply here.