Dundee Venture Capital (www.dundeeventurecapital.com) is expanding our team. We are hiring a new associate to work alongside partners to source technology startups, conduct due diligence on investment opportunities, and manage the portfolio of holdings. Candidates with prior experience finding, vetting, and working with start-ups and entrepreneurs is a plus.
• Identifying, screening, and evaluating early-stage tech companies for investment
• Performing thoughtful, decisive investment analysis
• Conducting in-depth market/industry/competitor analysis
• Preparing high-conviction investment recommendations
• Assisting individual portfolio companies in support of DVC board members
• Researching new industry and geographic markets
• Networking with peers in other VC firms
• Supporting investor reporting and fundraising efforts
- BS/BA; MBAs also welcome to apply but Masters not required
- Ability to demonstrate conviction. Strong written communication skills are essential.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, ability to work in unstructured environment
- Interest in VC and technology markets; 1–3 years experience
This is a unique chance to get into VC with a small but experienced and high-energy venture capital firm. The Dundee VC brand is rapidly becoming the “go to” fund for leading seed stage investments in underserved markets. Our team-based philosophy also requires an independent thinker with a “figure it out” mentality. There is room to learn a lot and grow in the position as we continue to raise funds. Frequent travel to markets to source and manage companies is expected. Those individuals who demonstrate conviction about an idea, are propelled to act, have insatiable appetite for success, with attention to detail are encouraged to apply.
About Dundee VC: Founded in 2010 by Mark Hasebroock, a serial e-commerce entrepreneur, Dundee VC is a seed stage fund, focused on leading investments in non-coastal technology companies. Headquartered in Omaha, with offices in Chicago and Minneapolis, Dundee has $50 million under management and is expected to double in fund size by 2020. Dundee leads seed-stage deals, co-invests with other VCs, and works with management on company boards.
Send your resume, a paragraph or two about why you’re interested, and what separates you from the pack to email@example.com. Bonus points for including examples of two early stage companies from your hometown or city of residence and why you think we should invest. We look forward to hearing from you!