Our Venture Associate will support the fund’s investment and operating activities across Web3.
We are a small collaborate team so this individual will have significant impact to our long term growth.
- Build a strong network with outlier founders, through Web3 channels – twitter, discord, telegram, reddit, linkedin
- Develop investment theses around market whitespaces and “killer apps”
- Review and engage with business plans and meetings with founders
- Source opportunities on the frontier of Web3 pre-seed and seed stage venture and digital assets, domestically and internationally
- Lead all aspects of due diligence on new and current partnerships with founders, both investments and active network participation (technology analysis, code reviews, industry thesis, competitive landscape, business/pricing model, and financial modeling / deal structuring)
- Assess industry dynamics to formulate growth plans
- Maintain and innovate on VC data & software stack
- Prepare market analyses and investment memos to drive investment decisions and for engagement with the firm’s extensive network of corporate relationships
- Participate in post investment value add, including community building
- Interface and activate the Decasonic ecosystem of founders, investors and other strategic partners
- 2-3+ years of post college work professional experience (e.g., management consulting, start-up tech, founding team tech, Web3 DAOs)
- Critical, analytical thinker who can effectively operate with speed
- Strong analytical ability to collect, evaluate, and present data to form effective narratives
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision – outlier founder approach
- Innate curiosity and skill for discovering, adopting, integrating, and managing technology
- Exceptional communication skills across diverse formats – email campaigns, newsletters, social, blog posts
- Execute with detail
- Self-starter with superior work ethic and uncompromising personal integrity
- Passionate about blockchain and Web3
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier institution, and a demonstrated track record of both academic and professional success
Decasonic is the venture and digital assets fund building blockchain innovation. Our mission is to transform blockchain ideas into world changing innovations at unprecedented speed. We draw on our decades of experience as both tech investors and operators to help outlier founders in blockchain accelerate product market fit and scale growth. Our vision is to build a better tomorrow, faster with disruptive innovation. As a result, we seek more than entrepreneurs, we seek to partner with outlier founders who generate 100x+ outcomes.
We invest, advise, and build alongside our partners, taking a long-term view of our founder relationships, as we work in tandem to accelerate our investment value. These relationships become the foundation of our investment franchise. We invest in pre-seed, seed and early-stage venture capital, pre-sale, private and IEO / IDO tokens sales, liquid digital assets, NFTs and cryptocurrencies.
We are committed to innovation for better through our core values and principles to drive venture scale disruptive growth for both purpose and profit. We know our success relies on our network of capital, talent and luck. We are dedicated to diversity, inclusion, and social responsibility of paying it forward, for a positive sum to benefit our entire ecosystem of shareholders, local and international developer ecosystems, our entrepreneurs and our team members. Join us on our journey today. More about us at decasonic.com
Decasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If interested, please apply here.