We are recruiting for an Investment Associate as part of our portfolio management and investor relations team to be based in our headquarters office in Chicago. This role will provide integral support for the key partnerships and funds supporting our student living platform.
· Support the portfolio management and investor relations leadership in executing strategy and reporting for our key partnerships and funds in the student living platform.
· Partner with internal teams, such as asset management, accounting and development to run models and support reporting for assets
· Assist portfolio management in running property analyses and prepare presentations on hold/sell strategy
· Assist portfolio management with reviewing property level budgets, and monitoring against budgets, leasing analytics, and insurance and lender requirements
· Coordinate recurring client communications, including portfolio flash reports and annual fund/joint venture business plans
· Support other areas of the organization with financial analysis pertaining to the venture/fund
· Provide support in refinancing, dispositions, and other major property and portfolio level transaction execution
· Assist in annual and quarterly valuation process
· Run models and monitor market comps through research and contact with local brokers and competitors
· Conduct in-depth research on markets and university statistics; track university and student sector events in the news
· Assist in the preparation of presentation decks for prospective investors
· Draft and coordinate annual investment plans and presentation decks
· Assist in the annual submission to GRESB
· Assist in data system implementation
Your Track Record
· Bachelor’s degree required
· At least three years of experience in real estate, finance, or investments
· Proven Excel modeling skills, and highly proficient in Word and PowerPoint, including cash flow modeling and valuation techniques
· Effective written and oral communications skills
· Ability to work successfully in small teams, communicate clearly, and be accountable in meeting aggressive deadlines
· Passion for real estate and investing with a desire to work in the arena over the long term
If interested, please apply here.