The Venture Capital Associate role is designed for a self-motivated and ambitious individual who is passionate about a role in our healthcare team, focused on investments in medical devices, healthcare IT and life sciences tools and diagnostics. The Associate will be involved in all aspects of venture capital investing, including financial modeling, transaction sourcing, due diligence and valuation, structuring, documentation and portfolio company management. A successful candidate will not only fulfill the fundamental corporate finance requirements of the job, but also add value in terms of strategic thinking and thought leadership to support the generation of new investment ideas. This position will be based in our Chicago office and is typically a two year assignment.
As a Venture Capital Associate, you will:
- Participate in and support the investment process from opportunity identification through due diligence and deal closing
- Lead and support initial screen of new investment opportunities
- Build and maintain detailed company financial models, sourcing and pipeline tracker and proprietary firm databases
- Prepare investment presentations and memos for both internal and external audiences
- Support ongoing portfolio company management and follow on financings
- Manage internal reporting processes for the healthcare team (quarterly company reporting, valuation, etc.)
What makes this opportunity great:
- Opportunity to play a critical role on a global team focused on building world class healthcare companies
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and giving back to the communities where we live and work
What we look for:
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and in teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong financial modeling skills
- An accomplished track record of at least 2-3 years in a private equity/venture capital or investment banking analyst role
- Strong academic background, leading G.P.A. from top-tier institution
- Experience or background in healthcare, strongly preferred
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $208 billion in client assets and more than 3,600 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.
Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 16 on the Fortune magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2019., our sixteenth consecutive year on the list.
If interested, please apply here.