Baird Capital has raised and managed more than $3 billion in capital and invested in more than 300 companies since 1989. Baird Capital’s U.S. Venture Capital team invests in early and growth stage, technology and healthcare companies. Our team of investment professionals seeks to build high growth companies in our target industries by partnering with experienced entrepreneurs and offering value-added assistance through our collective industry insight, network of executive relationships, capital markets expertise and portfolio operations team. The team has a strong, cohesive culture that uses a collaborative approach towards investing and adding value to portfolio companies.
The Venture Capital Associate role is designed for a self-motivated and ambitious individual who is passionate about a role in our healthcare team, focused on investments in medical devices, healthcare IT and life sciences tools and diagnostics. The Associate will be involved in all aspects of venture capital investing, including financial modeling, transaction sourcing, due diligence and valuation, structuring, documentation and portfolio company management. A successful candidate will not only fulfill the fundamental corporate finance requirements of the job, but also add value in terms of strategic thinking and thought leadership to support the generation of new investment ideas. This position will be based in our Chicago office and is typically a two year assignment.
As a Venture Capital Associate, You Will
- Participate in and support the investment process from opportunity identification through due diligence and deal closing
- Lead and support initial screen of new investment opportunities
- Build and maintain detailed company financial models, sourcing and pipeline tracker and proprietary firm databases
- Prepare investment presentations and memos for both internal and external audiences
- Support ongoing portfolio company management and follow on financings
- Manage internal reporting processes for the healthcare team (quarterly company reporting, valuation, etc.)
What makes this opportunity great:
- Opportunity to play a critical role on a global team focused on building world class healthcare companies
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership
- Team of associates passionate about achieving great results for clients and giving back to the communities where we live and work
What we look for:
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic and leadership skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, work independently and in teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong financial modeling skills
- An accomplished track record of at least 2-3 years in a private equity/venture capital or investment banking analyst role
- Strong academic background, leading G.P.A. from top-tier institution
- Experience or background in healthcare, strongly preferred
If interested, please apply here.