Adams Street Partners (“Adams Street”) is a global private markets investment manager, operating in more than thirty countries across five continents. With nearly five decades of experience and more than $51 billion in assets under management, Adams Street prides itself on the depth and breadth of its global investment capabilities and provides investors with differentiated access to the spectrum of the private markets strategies.
Adams Street has offices in Austin, Beijing, Boston, Chicago, London, Munich, Menlo Park, New York, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo. Employees operate as a single global team, integrating the expertise of the firm’s investment professionals across five strategies primary investments, secondary investments, growth equity, private credit, and co-investments.
Adams Street is considered a pioneer in the private markets and was inducted into the Private Equity Hall of Fame in 2000 in recognition of the firm’s contributions. Adams Street became an independent entity in 2001 and a 100% employee-owned firm in 2008.
As an employee-owned firm, Adams Street believes in a culture of inclusiveness and collegiate achievement, and strives to imbue the highest standards of integrity, respect, and teamwork into all aspects of the organization. Adams Street is governed by a set of guiding principles which prioritize two goals provide exceptional client service and deliver top-tier investment returns.
About The Co-Investment Team
The Co-Investment team at Adams Street Partners invests directly into companies alongside leading private equity managers. The team has a broad global mandate that invests in companies of all sizes, industries and geographies. The firm has been an active co-investor having committed over $2.9 billion to over 200 companies since 1989. The team leverages the firm’s knowledge base and relationships across the primary, secondary, private credit and venture/growth teams. The Co-Investment team’s disciplined and balanced approach to investing has generated exceptional long-term returns.
Individual Responsibilities Will Include
The Co-Investment team is actively seeking an Associate to function as an integral member of the team with responsibilities including new investment evaluation, deal execution, portfolio monitoring and general team support. The team’s co-investment mandate offers candidates a significant level of responsibility and the unique opportunity to be involved in many aspects of investing a highly diversified portfolio varied by industry, geography, and company size. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking broad private equity exposure with a specific focus on investing directly in companies.
- Supporting the investment execution process, including company/industry specific due diligence, analyzing LBO models, and assisting in the preparation of investment memoranda
- Take a lead role in quantitative and qualitative analysis of financial and operating data
- Portfolio monitoring and maintaining internal investment tracking databases
- Supporting fundraising activities and managing client-facing marketing materials
- Providing general team project management support and firm-wide ad hoc projects
- Internal reporting and analysis
We seek an individual who is self-motivated, demonstrates creative thinking and has the following qualifications
- Graduated from a top-tier undergraduate university
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in private equity, investment banking, buy-side investment analysis, consulting or sponsor finance
- Advanced excel skills with the knowledge of valuation techniques and financial modeling
- Ability to structure and present complex ideas and information in a simple persuasive form, both written and oral
- Strong analytical, modeling, organizational and writing skills
- A professional presence combined with relationship and communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- A highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently within a team context
Note this is expected to be a 2-3 year position, with the potential opportunity for further promotion for exceptional candidates. Adams Street is currently seeking one Associate for Summer 2022 start.
If interested, please apply here.