NFP Ventures is a strategic Corporate Venture Capital arm (“CVC”) that invests in early stage Insuretech, Fintech, and HealthTech companies, with a primary focuses on opportunities where NFP can lend distribution support, apply its human capital and expertise, and leverage existing product and data to accelerate growth across contexts including employee benefits; medical, property and casualty, and life insurance; and wealth management and financial planning, among other financial services. NFP Ventures invests across seed to series B rounds and can be flexible either leading or filling out rounds.
NFP Ventures works closely with NFP’s Innovation Lab, which is building a centralized innovation information repository across NFP’s national footprint. NFP will be the first firm to do so that is focused on the middle market, with comprehensive lines of business and risk management products. Through the Innovation Lab, there will be select opportunities to develop deep partnerships with innovative companies which result in broad distribution of innovators’ products or solutions.
An exciting and varied position, the Venture Analyst will work out of the firm’s NYC and/or Chicago office(s), supporting the Ventures team. The Venture Analyst works as an integral member of the NFP Ventures team in all aspects of the venture capital investment process, with a focus on sourcing, screening and evaluating investment opportunities. The ideal Venture Analyst is someone who is motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter, comfortable taking initiative and driving impact, capable of developing processes to drive efficiency, flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the Venture process. The NFP Ventures team cultivates an environment that promotes self-confidence, culture, and a positive, high-energy dynamic.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform in-depth industry, technology, investment, and benchmarking analyses
- Produce investment analyses and recommendations utilized by the NFP Ventures team and internal stakeholders to support and promote investment theses and strategy decisions, including: web-tracking/analytics, blog posts, white papers, thesis area executive summaries, and marketing presentations
- Serve as “line of first defense” in investment opportunity screening process
- Support deal origination efforts and due diligence; reviews and analyzes business plans; performs business, financial, and industry due diligence on transactions; researches industries and competitors; and documents findings
- Build financial and analytical models and conducts sensitivity analyses on prospect investments and portfolio companies
- Works with NFP Ventures team to develop day-to-day operations, deal-tracking, documentation, reporting, and on going run requirements
- Support various project management duties and operational initiatives related to partnerships and pilots with startup companies and NFP
- Engage and foster relationships with entrepreneurs, peers, and other Venture Capital Firms to promote NFP Ventures and NFP’s larger innovation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong academic performance in a well-regarded undergraduate program
- Expertise in Microsoft suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in R or Python
- Strong knowledge of modelling and research
- Proficiency in Salesforce
- Relevant experience and demonstrated interest in related fields (VC, PE, investment banking, consulting, startups)
- Insurance, financial Services, or healthcare carrier experience preferred
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fluid environment; prior experience in a venture or startup environment strongly preferred
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and timelines flexibly; comfort “failing fast” and iterating quickly toward success
- Competitive base salary + variable comp
- Market leading comprehensive benefits
- Flexible PTO and work-life balance
If interested, please apply here.