Cumberland – a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
As a Venture Analyst, you’ll join a team of highly talented traders, researchers and business development teams, and you will play a pivotal role in the evaluation of new opportunities and in the ongoing performance monitoring of the entire portfolio. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a market leader in the cryptoasset trading ecosystem and benefit from professional development in a highly supportive and collaborative environment.
- Research and evaluating protocols to identify projects or trends that represent potential new venture investments
- Assist in the due diligence process and build investment overviews for prospective investments; provide insights on comparables/competitors for prospective investments
- Perform industry research and analysis for the market, actively read and seek out new information sources and stay on top of industry trends
- Actively source inbound deal flow and identify early stage investment opportunities
- Monitor current investment, track key metrics, and company performance; maintain relationships and contact with portfolio companies
- Form, communicate and present data-driven recommendations to leadership
- Assist in the execution of business initiatives, driving projects and investments to completion
- Develop and deliver targeted market research, fundamental analysis and forward-looking strategic plans
- Prepare valuation analysis for prospective investment opportunities as well as existing portfolio investments
- Leverage DRW’s position as a major market participant and technology innovator to find compelling opportunities
- Support senior leadership of the firm with strategic initiatives
- Help refine and adjust our investment thesis as the market is evolving and the investment landscape changes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Deep interest in the potential for cryptocurrency markets to impact or disintermediate centralized counterparts
- In-depth knowledge of existing crypto projects, emerging trends, and new technologies
- Strong network of high-value members of the community a plus
- 2+ years of experience in a venture role as an analyst or associate, or other associated roles with deal-side experience such as investment banking, consulting, or finance
- Outstanding initiative, sense of urgency, and entrepreneurial thinking
- Strong analytical skills and strong written and verbal communication abilities are essential
- Must have excellent writing skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple workstreams and prioritize effectively
- Previous exposure to early-stage venture investing is encouraged
- Strong passion for investing and evaluation opportunities both quantitatively and qualitatively; high level of proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel to distill information/key concepts into presentation format
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Business or related area of study
If interested, please apply here.