CareAdvisors is a technology company helping patients get access to healthcare and social service benefits they need by automating the manual enrollment burden taken on by hospitals.
Many patients who receive care at hospitals are eligible for Medicaid and other social service benefits, but have barriers to enroll or re-enroll in their benefits. Using a modern technology stack focused on automation, we remove those barriers so that patients can get access to the benefits they need, and lift the financial burden hospitals endure when providing care to patients.
Our CRM empowers care navigators and social workers with a search and communication platform that’s connected to a network of community organizations and hospitals. We use the data gathered across our network to power our automated analytics engine. Join us in building out our CRM so we can connect people to the care they need!
About the Role:
Care Advisors is looking for a Venture Analyst for a short-term contract with the potential for a FT, permanent role. You should be passionate about healthcare and entrepreneurship!
This Venture Capital role is designed for a self-motivated and ambitious individual who is passionate about playing a key role in our growth strategy. Overall, you will be involved in all aspects of venture capital investing, including financial modeling, transaction sourcing, due diligence and valuation, structuring, documentation and portfolio company management.
A successful candidate will not only fulfill the fundamental corporate finance requirements of the job, but also add value in terms of strategic thinking and thought leadership to support the generation of new investment ideas. Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in and support the investment process from opportunity identification through due diligence and deal closing.
- Lead and support initial screen of new investment opportunities.
- Build and maintain detailed company financial models, sourcing and pipeline tracker and proprietary firm databases.
- Prepare investment presentations and memos for both internal and external audiences.
- Support ongoing portfolio company management and follow on financings.
- Manage internal reporting processes for the healthcare team (quarterly company reporting, valuation, etc.).
We are looking for a team member with the following background
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- New (or upcoming) MBA grads are encouraged to apply
- Experience working in a healthcare or startup setting is preferred
- An accomplished track record of at least 1-2 years in a private equity/venture capital or investment banking analyst role
- Strong financial modeling skills
- You must have an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual rigor, and strong discipline
- Strong communications and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines is a must
While the internship will be performed remotely due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, there will be substantial virtual collaboration, teamwork, and networking opportunities. Duration of the contract is flexible.
At Care Advisors we value diversity and endeavor to treat everyone with respect, no matter their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual, cultural or ideological preferences.
If interested, please apply here.