Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Strategic Ventures is responsible for corporate venturing activities that deliver both strategic and financial value through minority investments, business partnerships, and other strategic relationships. The focus of the group is to accelerate Allstate’s business strategies and create new business opportunities by accessing emerging markets, capabilities, products/services, and talent.
Internally, the team works with leaders across the business to identify key investment focus areas and priorities to focus investment and business development efforts as well as coordinate the interaction between Allstate and investment portfolio companies.
Externally, the team works with venture capital firms, incubators/accelerators, universities, entrepreneurs, and other third parties to identify technologies, capabilities, companies, and management teams that help us to strategically grow and transform our business.
This role will contribute to the Strategic Ventures team by providing continuous support to senior team members ranging from start-up and industry research to financial modeling and in-depth due diligence. Analyst will be expected to demonstrate strong project and time management skills, critical thinking skills and keen focus on details.
- Conducts extensive research and provide regular reports on new potential opportunities providing recommendations to the Associate, Principal and Director
- Manages screening processes to vet deals through strategic, financial and investment value considerations and provides recommendations
- Builds comprehensive financial models for individual start-ups
- Manages internal databases
- Performs in-depth company and market assessments and assists with more in-depth due diligence
- Helps prepare Comprehensive Investment Memoranda and Presentations for the Investment Committee
- Provides timely information on company related issues and updates on performance of portfolio companies to senior members of the team
- Aids in developing strong and wide networks within the VC community, accelerators, universities and research centers in North America and Europe
- Aids portfolio companies as needed
- This job does not have supervisory duties
Education and Experience
- 3 or more years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experienceCertificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NoneFunctional Skills
- Familiarity with the start-up environment
- Team first attitude and a commitment to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Possess critical thinking skills and keen focus on details
- Demonstrable experience in performing qualitative and quantitative analysis in tight timeframes and simultaneously juggling multiple workstreams
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be ethical and honest, possess high integrity and be trustworthy
If interested, please apply here.