This position is responsible for leading Health Care Service Corporation’s (HCSC) merger and acquisition (M&A) activities, overseeing HCSC’s strategic venture investments, optimizing subsidiary governance, and leading the long-term balance sheet and capital forecasting activities for the company. Responsible for analyzing the strategic and financial rationale behind potential acquisitions and divestitures, and providing recommendations to HCSC executive leadership, including the CEO. Responsible for developing a pipeline of new venture investments, monitoring the current portfolio, and representing HCSC’s venture capital investments externally, and serving on Boards of portfolio companies and investment funds. Responsible for assessing and reporting on the performance of HCSC’s wholly-owned and partially owned subsidiaries, and making recommendations to leadership to improve performance through optimized governance and strategic repositioning within the broader HCSC enterprise. Responsible for working with HCSC Finance and Actuarial leadership to develop three- to five-year balance sheet, cash flow, and RBC forecasts. This position is responsible for providing ongoing financial analysis to HCSC leadership on developments within the health insurance industry, as well as assisting in the valuation of HCSC’s subsidiary portfolio.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Mathematics, Corporate Finance, Statistics, or Accounting.
- 12 years experience in investment banking, investment research, corporate development, or consulting environment
- 5 years experience in a management capacity.
- Experience and knowledge of the business of health insurance, the evolving health reform landscape, and other health care services businesses.
- Experience thinking strategically, and predicting the likely progression of the health insurance industry over both the short and long-term.
- Knowledge of the venture capital process, and the analysis / tracking of venture fund performance.
- Knowledge of capital markets and any applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, ordinances, statutes, and regulations.
- Marketing, business analysis, and research skills.
- Experience with decision-making, balancing research and analytics with necessary speed-to-market.
- Experience innovating and taking calculated risks.
- Business acumen and project/process integration skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), MBA, or actuary designation.
- Knowledge of quantitative investment structures and techniques.
IF interested, please apply here.