Role: Senior Associate, Strategic Investing
Location: Chicago, IL (preferred) or New York, NY
Start Date: Immediate
Submit your cover letter and resume here to apply.
Position Description & Responsibilities
Healthbox is seeking a creative, passionate, and driven professional with a deep understanding of healthcare to join our Strategic Investing team. Healthbox recently closed a strategic venture fund and is seeking a Senior Associate to support the investment efforts. The fund will primarily invest in early-stage healthcare IT/services companies. Responsibilities include:
- Help lead market research and sourcing efforts to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into CRM
- Network with peers at other venture capital firms and other industry partners
- Be a thought leader, maintaining up-to-date knowledge on industry and technology trends, as well as attending and speaking at events/conference
- Assist with due diligence efforts
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Conduct primary and secondary market research
- Perform financial and valuation analysis
- Draft internal investment memos
- Assist with portfolio company management
- Support fund Principals and Partners with the fulfillment of their responsibilities as board members or observers
- Assist with the execution of tasks, projects, and priorities supporting portfolio company success
- Collect and aggregate quarterly financial documents from portfolio companies for LP reporting purposes
- Assist with limited partner relationship management
- Network and immerse self within LP organizations, as well as their related ecosystem
- Endeavor to build long-term relationships and understand LP strategic priorities
- Present to Investment Committee and LP organizations
- Invest in the future of the firm and help to drive the continued improvement of systems, process and infrastructure as the firm grows
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 5+ years work experience, ideally with exposure to the healthcare industry, consulting or banking background strongly preferred; early-stage investing experience ideal; experience in an operating role in healthcare a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills, including deep familiarity with financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Understanding of clinical, operational, and financial drivers that impact healthcare organization decision-making
- Intellectual curiosity mindset and enthusiasm for the healthcare IT/services industry
- Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation) skills
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Capability and desire to build relationships and network within the healthcare industry
- Responds well to change and has a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Approaches work with an unparalleled level of personal ownership, responsibility, integrity, and ethics
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time required, but Chicago or New York-based
- Authorization to work in the US; Healthbox will not sponsor visas
Employee Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, unlimited PTO, life & disability insurance, 401(k) program with a company match and flexible spending account. In addition, we enjoy team perks such as an office stocked with healthy snack foods, monthly lunch stipend, transportation shuttle, and onsite gym.
Healthbox provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthbox complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Healthbox expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Healthbox’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume here to apply. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every inquiry. We will contact you if there is a potential fit with the open position. Thank you for your interest.
If interested, please apply here.