We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
This position assists or leads in all aspects of the investment process. Role requires ability to meet strict deadlines and accommodate periodic heavy workflows. Responsible for overseeing and executing a majority of the analytical due diligence. Also includes some supervision of analysts’ work output.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank’s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
Duties and Responsibilities: Assists Investment Principal in opportunity identification, transaction structuring, valuation, and negotiation.
- Supports Investment Principal as they work with business leaders to prioritize and proactively drive strategic investment led by our strategic vision, including assisting with market intelligence and preliminary modeling as well as outreach and cultivation of targets
- Leads financial modeling and quantitative due diligence efforts and has the ability to independently model output to support investment decisions
- Works with Principal on valuation analysis and helps determine transaction structure
- Works with business functions (e.g. retail, payments, IT, compliance) based on diligence needs to develop appropriate assumptions for the purpose of validating the financial model
- Writes investment recommendations and prepares presentation materials for investment committee and other executive management groups
- Works with Principal on negotiations with target company
- Participates in providing periodic updates to the investment committee and other executive management groups
- Supports investment management/monitoring post close
- Gathers and interprets market intelligence (i.e. industry analysis, valuation comps, etc.) on venture capital and fintech sector
- Keeps informed on market trends and analyzes the effect of these trends on investment portfolio
- Keeps current with legal and regulatory changes impacting transaction structure by consulting internal and external counsel
Minimum Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance
- 5-7 years in related field (private equity, venture capital, or investment banking)
- Experience or strong knowledge of financial services and/or technology
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- MBA or CFA preferred
If interested, please apply here.