Volta Energy Technologies, LLC (“Volta”) is aventure capital investment firm focused on identifying and investing in companieswith disruptive energy storage technologies. Potential disruptors in thefast-growing energy storage markets for electric vehicles, consumerelectronics, and utility services fall into three primary categories: (a)chemistry, materials, and manufacturing; (b) hardware; and (c) new businessmodels. As a trusted partner, Volta works with portfolio companies to solvetheir most important technical challenges while providing its investors,strategic and financial, the opportunity to invest in the most promising ofthese companies.
Volta is seeking a Senior Technical Analyst to join the growing team at itswest-suburban Chicago office. At Volta, you will be part of multi-disciplinaryteam of science, engineering, and finance professionals responsible for sourcingand vetting investment opportunities through detailed research and in-depth duediligence; supporting portfolio companies with actionable advice andintroductions; and contributing to the team’s analysis of energy storagemarkets, business models, and products.
Primary Dutiesand Responsibilities:
- Performtechnical research on potential venture capital stage investments, includingverification and analysis of a prospective portfolio company’s underlyingtechnology, performance data, and other relevant information gathered in thedue diligence process
- Compileand assess foundational technical information through interviews of candidatecompanies, existing/potential customers, and/or development partners
- SupportVolta’s financial assessment of company valuations, investment risk/returnthrough market research and/or data collected from candidate companies
- Createpresentation materials that thoroughly describe investment rationale, analyzethe competitive landscape, and identify key risks and potential mitigants
- Monitorand assess technical information provided by portfolio companies as they matureand grow
- Engagewith portfolio company leadership teams to help create value for their businesses
- Advanceddegree in a technical field highly desirable. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Technicalgeneralist with strong analysis capabilities, and a deep understanding of one ormore energy and/or energy storage technology categories (e.g., power systems,power electronics, power conversion, battery chemistry, materials science,fabrication and manufacturing processes, battery management systems)
- Highlyquantitative, data-driven approach to decision making, methodical anddetail-oriented
- Strongverbal and written communication skills and the ability to interface at alllevels of an organization
- Abilityto articulate highly technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Abilityto manage multiple projects in a time-critical, transaction-orientedenvironment
- Self-starterrequiring limited oversight, equally comfortable working individually or on ateam
- Sometravel required (less than 25%)
- Preferencewill be given to candidates willing to relocate to the Chicagoland area
- UScitizens (or permanent residents) only
If interested, please apply here.