SV US Operations Inc. is the investment arm of SV Investment Corporation. As SV stands for the Strategic Value, we pursue value creation through an engagement with portfolio companies. We firmly believe thoughtful discussions between innovators and investors not only bring different perspectives but also unlock potentials and eventually drive sustainable growth. For two decades, we actively led rounds with our syndicate partners include top tier venture capital. We established substantial and proven track records, including Big Hit Entertainment, who manages the stunning boy band, BTS.
SV US Operations Inc. is launching a new venture capital program with a primary focus on the US market. The program will be leading SV Investment’s venture capital funds and investing in start-ups in diverse and promising technology sectors with a long-term return objective. The investment will be specialized in high-growth areas such as bio, healthcare, consumer and disruptive technology, etc.
The Investment Principal will have responsibility for end-to-end sourcing, negotiation, and execution of deals, as well as close oversight of on-going relationships. The Investment Principal works with venture capital firms, incubators & accelerators, universities, entrepreneurs, and other corporations to cultivate business opportunities.
In addition to the above, the Principal will also be expected to engage with SV Investment’s executive leaders, help inform high-level strategic decisions, and be responsible for some of our internal operations such as portfolio company performance reporting and support. The position is a full-time role based in Boston, with frequent travel within the US and Asia.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with venture capitalists, incubators, entrepreneurs and experts to build a network of potential sources for investment opportunities
- Identify and analyze investment opportunities among private corporations that are currently operating or plan to operate in the United States
- Manage and execute investment activities that include but not limited to: due diligence activities, financial modeling and valuation, preparation of documents for the investment committee, and execution of all transaction-related documents
- Lead and manage investment committee meetings by being responsible for tasks including but not limited to: scheduling, preparing, presenting, and follow-ups
- MBA or other advanced degrees from a top-tier graduate program (Finance focused)
- 10+ years of combined work experience including at a minimum 5+ years at M&A, Investment or Venture Capital
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong expertise in investment analysis, including Discounted Cash Flow, Adjusted Present Value, Leveraged Buyout, and Internal Rate of Return valuation
- Ability to review and construct venture term sheets, including capitalization tables and portfolio valuation methodologies
- Due diligence experience including working with law firms, investment banking, and accounting firms
- Excellent writing and presentation skills to orchestrate and execute Investment Committee Meetings and Board Meetings
- Experience engaging with C-level executives and venture capitals
- Unique business sense and ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to influence without direct authority
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Cultural fit to SV Investment regarding values and ethics
- Thought leader, the high degree of creativity & innovation
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint skills
We strive to maintain a professional yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our employees.
SV US Operations Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- M&A, Investment or VC: 5 years (Required)
- Combined: 10 years (Preferred)
- Master’s (Required)
- 25% (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
If interested, please apply here.