Samsung Ventures America (SVA) is the US office (offices in Menlo Park, CA and Boston, MA) for Samsung’s venture investment activities. The primary responsibilities of the group are to source, qualify, and invest in various technology related companies. Our major investment areas include semiconductors, materials, mobile service, internet, software, security, enterprise solutions, bio engineering & medical, while potential investment subjects range from early-stage startups to pre-IPO companies. Currently, the group has over $2.2B under management.
Responsible for investment activities in various technology sectors including but not limited to mobile, TV, AI, healthcare IT, semiconductor and advanced materials.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Market Analysis and Deal Sourcing
- Understand investment trends and develop a pipeline of companies for partnerships or acquisitions
- Identify companies and technologies of interest to Samsung Ventures for early to late stage investments
- Lead and/or participating in all aspects of the investment process. Activities include deal sourcing, financial modeling, due diligence, negotiation and committee presentations for new and follow-on investments.
- Deal Execution and Portfolio Management
- Assess overall strategy portfolio companies. Identify opportunities for collaboration and coordinate those engagements appropriately.
- Monitor financial health and viability of portfolio companies. Present options on addressing investment concerns and/or exit strategies, where applicable.
- Brand Building
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with venture capitalists, government officials, research organizations, entrepreneurs and key opinion leaders in the innovative healthcare ecosystem globally.
- Be a brand ambassador for Samsung Ventures and enhance the visibility and reputation within the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Communicate broadly to the ecosystem where Samsung Ventures has and can add value
Required Skills And Experience
- Top tier undergraduate degree in a quantitative field
- 2-3 years works experience (in consulting, banking or engineering)
- Knowledge in emerging technologies AI, data analytics, or digital healthcare
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Driven, self-starter with ability to work both independently and in a team setting
If interested, please apply here.