The Yard Ventures is a part of Alumni Ventures Group, a fast-growing organization with 100 employees across the country and a widespread, engaged community of over 400,000 entrepreneurs, investors, and supporters. We are disrupting financial services by bringing smart, simple venture capital to 15 million accredited investors who, until now, have not had a strong option for accessing the asset class. Our corporate headquarters in Manchester, NH provides back-office support and resources to our fund teams in Boston, Manchester, NH, New York City, Chicago, San Francisco and Austin, TX. On an annual basis, these teams raise funds from their respective communities to invest in diverse, promising startups and growing businesses. Our key competitive advantage as an investor is the combined scale and connectivity of our vast network, our connected capital, which provides capital, sources deals and adds unique value for our portfolio companies. AVG has successfully launched 25 venture funds to date and will build another dozen or so funds over the next few years. We are private, for profit, and not part of any school.
As AVG looks forward, we seek to grow and create value – with the goal of eventually becoming the most strategically valuable venture capital firm in the world. To that end, we are seeking a professional with fundraising and/or development experience and knowledge of the venture capital industry to serve as a Partner for The Yard Ventures. The current Yard team consists of three people: the Managing Director, a Partner and a Principal who work together with AVG’s Office of Investment and corporate functions to raise, invest and manage a fund for individual, accredited investors who are also alumni of Harvard University schools. The newly appointed Partner will support The Yard Ventures in reaching its potential by leveraging a network of Harvard alumni and AVG’s playbook to drive fundraising and will further serve as a critical team member by making meaningful contributions to the Yard’s sourcing, deal selection and overall investing initiatives.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment where you’ll have significant input into the creation of a unique, diversified, fast-growing portfolio. You will be leveraging a well vetted playbook, back office support, and processes developed by Alumni Ventures Group to help in executing your role. You will report to the Yard Managing Partner and also work closely with the Yard Ventures’ Partner and Principal to support fundraising and inform investing. This is a full-time position based in our new Boston, Post Office Square office. You will be a salaried employee of AVG, with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Requirements & Competencies
- 5 -10 years of professional experience and demonstrated success in a sales and/or business development in Financial Services (fundraising, sales, private wealth or investor relations), Tech Sales (B2B), or experience in other fast-paced consultative sales environments
- Identifiable passion for the venture capital industry and entrepreneurial ecosystem and working knowledge of the venture capital and broader investment industries, readily applicable to AVG and The Yard Ventures’ development
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting/exceeding targets
- Ability and willingness to build relationships, and onboard sophisticated individual investors
- You must be energized by fundraising, building relationships, representing AVG’s product and investment methodology to prospective investors and cultivating a network of potential investors, startup founders and leadership teams and venture capitalists across the country
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial DNA
If interested, please apply here.